submitted 11 hours ago by dipdowel@feddit.nl to c/cyberpunk@lemmy.zip

Does anyone remember cyberpunkreview.com ? If so, does anyone know who Mr. Roboto actually was? :P

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Hammerjack@lemmy.zip 3 points 9 hours ago

I used to be active on there. At the time I think it was the most active cyberpunk forum on the internet. But even then I don't think anyone new who Mr. Roboto was. I remember he disappeared for over a year but the forum was still active for awhile without him. No one knew how to contract him back then either. Then the forum finally died and people tried moving to cyberpunkforums.com as a replacement but I don't think it ever really took off.

[-] dipdowel@feddit.nl 1 points 23 minutes ago

I did not participate in the forum back then, but I watched probably a hundred hours of movies thanks to the reviews. Whoever Mr. Roboto and other reviewers were, I'm eternally thankful 😄🙏

this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
15 points (100.0% liked)

Cyberpunk

631 readers
16 users here now

What is Cyberpunk?

Cyberpunk is a science-fiction sub-genre dealing with the integration of society and technology in dystopian settings. Often referred to as “low-life and high tech,” Cyberpunk stories deal with outsiders (punks) who fight against the oppressors in society (usually mega corporations that control everything) via technological means (cyber). If the punks aren’t actively fighting against a megacorp, they’re still dealing with living in a world completely dependent on high technology.

Cyberpunk characteristics include:

Prefixes for posts

Icon created by @cloudless@feddit.uk.
Banner generated via AI model.

founded 11 months ago
MODERATORS