you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Edie@lemmy.ml 4 points 12 hours ago* (last edited 12 hours ago)

I would probably call myself a marxist if tankies hadn’t so thoroughly stained the term.

So you've read Marx and Engles and agree with them?

Edit: I am also well aware that there were unions in the soviet union, hence the name

No actually. The Soviet Union was a union of national republics, hence the name.

I want to "throw" Soviet Democracy at you, but I haven't finished my epub of it yet... I should get on it.
Oh, I have This Soviet World. Doesn't go into as much detail, but does go over it.

No actually. The Soviet Union was a union of national republics, hence the name.

Ah, I misremembered. I thought soviet meant council as in a union.

[-] Cowbee@lemmy.ml 2 points 12 hours ago* (last edited 12 hours ago)

Soviets were "units." Not the same as unions, they were horizontal units that elected delegates from among themselves to participate in soviets of soviets vertically. I have a diagram linked in my other comment.

[-] Edie@lemmy.ml 2 points 12 hours ago

Yes. Soviet does mean council. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

this post was submitted on 03 Oct 2024
1109 points (93.9% liked)

memes

9838 readers
4424 users here now

Community rules

1. Be civilNo trolling, bigotry or other insulting / annoying behaviour

2. No politicsThis is non-politics community. For political memes please go to !politicalmemes@lemmy.world

3. No recent repostsCheck for reposts when posting a meme, you can only repost after 1 month

4. No botsNo bots without the express approval of the mods or the admins

5. No Spam/AdsNo advertisements or spam. This is an instance rule and the only way to live.

Sister communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS