you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] TexMexBazooka@lemm.ee 16 points 3 days ago

My cast iron cookware exists out of survivors bias. Everything else has fallen apart in one capacity or another.

[-] sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works 3 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

Sure, but everything else has fallen apart because I use them frequently. My cast iron pans sit in the back of the cupboard because it's heavy and things stick, so I might as well use something lighter.

[-] TexMexBazooka@lemm.ee 6 points 3 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

If things are sticking to your cast iron it needs to be better maintained. Properly cleaned and seasoned cast irons don’t stick

The quick and dirty way is to wipe that bitch down with canola oil and bake it on high for about 30 minutes.

[-] grrgyle@slrpnk.net 1 points 2 days ago

I don't even do that any more. I just make sure they pan is oiled and at a decent heat before putting food on it. Putting food on a cold pan will not end well, unless it's really well maintained (and I am very lazy).

Thanks, I'll try it out.

this post was submitted on 02 Oct 2024
1040 points (99.3% liked)

Greentext

4149 readers
2286 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS