you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] SSJMarx@lemm.ee 3 points 4 days ago

glass cooktop

This is one gripe I have with my own cast iron, is that it marks up my glass cooktop when I use it. I can return the top to pristine condition by scrubbing it with steel wool, so it's not permanently damaging it, but it's kind of annoying to me that you can see which one of the burners I use way more often than the others because its discolored in a cast iron-sized circle.

[-] dejected_warp_core@lemmy.world 2 points 3 days ago

Deep scratches are one major concern/gripe I have with glass cooktops, hence why my skillet goes nowhere near it. Scratches can introduce weak points that can nucleate a fracture.

https://glassdoctor.com/blog/why-did-my-glass-top-stove-crack

When dragged across the glass surface, rough pots and pans create micro-scratches. When they accumulate over time, they can weaken the integrity of the glass to the point of cracking.

this post was submitted on 02 Oct 2024
1041 points (99.3% liked)

Greentext

4149 readers
2212 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS