submitted 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago) by wuphysics87@lemmy.ml to c/asklemmy@lemmy.ml

When I get fast food, I don't eat the fries until I get home.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] zcd@lemmy.ca 30 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

I'm extremely consistent with my weightlifting program (1.5 years aww yeah!)

Starting to lift with the best decision I ever made and the best habit I've ever formed. Nagging aches and pains are basically a thing of the past. I'm way more useful, and my lower body, which was once withered and useless after a decade of working in an office, have been replaced with tree trunks and a dump-truck ass

A couple of the accessory benefits of this that in order to support my lifting progress I now eat way better, quit drinking and prioritize proper sleep. Overall it's just been a huge increase in quality of life

[-] haulyard@lemmy.world 6 points 3 days ago

Same, except I lift with my teenage son and daughter. We got a power rack in the garage and now they drag me out to it with them. We’re all feeling better about ourselves!

this post was submitted on 01 Oct 2024
98 points (96.2% liked)

Asklemmy

43503 readers
2082 users here now

A loosely moderated place to ask open-ended questions

Search asklemmy 🔍

If your post meets the following criteria, it's welcome here!

1. Open-ended question
  2. Not offensive: at this point, we do not have the bandwidth to moderate overtly political discussions. Assume best intent and be excellent to each other.
  3. Not regarding using or support for Lemmy: context, see the list of support communities and tools for finding communities below
  4. Not ad nauseam inducing: please make sure it is a question that would be new to most members
  5. An actual topic of discussion

Looking for support?

Looking for a community?

~Icon~ ~by~ ~@Double_A@discuss.tchncs.de~

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS