I just want to talk (lemmy.world)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] lnxtx@feddit.nl 13 points 1 week ago

In the Europe we have the regulations, it still sucks. Especially OEM "active-matrix" LEDs.

[-] AA5B@lemmy.world 7 points 1 week ago

How? We only read the good things about active matrix headlights, not how they behave in the real world

[-] Anivia@feddit.org 4 points 1 week ago

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked. I rarely get blinded on the road in Germany, and when I do it's almost always someone who just forgot to turn off his high-beams. Active matrix headlights are very common here nowadays and never blind me

[-] PeriodicallyPedantic@lemmy.ca 4 points 1 week ago* (last edited 1 week ago)

This is why regulations should be about the behavior they want to see and not the technology used.

The goal is not to blind drivers; companies should be able to use whatever tech they want, but they should get fined every time their tech doesn't work as expected in the real world.

this post was submitted on 29 Sep 2024
840 points (92.6% liked)

memes

9868 readers
2165 users here now

Community rules

1. Be civilNo trolling, bigotry or other insulting / annoying behaviour

2. No politicsThis is non-politics community. For political memes please go to !politicalmemes@lemmy.world

3. No recent repostsCheck for reposts when posting a meme, you can only repost after 1 month

4. No botsNo bots without the express approval of the mods or the admins

5. No Spam/AdsNo advertisements or spam. This is an instance rule and the only way to live.

Sister communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS