you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Bobmighty@lemmy.world 17 points 4 days ago

I beat my primary fat shamer so badly I caused a TBI. Spent a week in jail and some time out of school. Upon my return, no one had a negative thing to say about me, let alone my weight. Since I was no longer stressed worrying about bullies, I started doing more activities, making friends, etc. lost a bunch of weight. No diet change.

Beat the fuck out of bullies.

[-] nightofmichelinstars@sopuli.xyz 7 points 4 days ago

Congratulations, and I appreciate the fairytale style moral of the story.

[-] Bobmighty@lemmy.world 4 points 4 days ago

Nothing fairy tail about it. I had a record and was on years of probation because I did a lot more damage than I thought I did. It was actually a very painful part of my life that had nothing to do with my weight and everything to do with an abusive family on top of dealing with bullies. People who fat shame would find something else to shame people for if no one was overweight. They're just little bullies who want to justify being shitty people. I took one out, but nearly became one in return.

[-] Wanderer@lemm.ee 1 points 4 days ago

That's not something to be proud of.

[-] Bobmighty@lemmy.world 2 points 4 days ago
[-] Wanderer@lemm.ee 0 points 4 days ago
[-] Bobmighty@lemmy.world 1 points 4 days ago

Do you need me to be ? I'm not. I just didn't like seeing a bully try to justify bullying as a good thing, so I told my story.

If you want to know the real truth of how I feel, it nothing. I once felt pride when it was fresh. It felt like beating a monster. Then I felt growing fear and shame when the full scope of what I had done became apparent. I spent a good chunk of time feeling regret. After a while, life moved on and I stopped feeling anything about it aside from shadows of emotion when I think about it.

Why? This happened almost 30 years ago.

this post was submitted on 29 Sep 2024
443 points (95.3% liked)

Greentext

4127 readers
1954 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 11 months ago
MODERATORS