I am currently taking a cybersecurity course and as the topic of my project I chose pentesting. I am aware there are CTFs and intentionally vulnerable applications, but I thought it would be interesting and fun to audit projects of other people who are also just students and/or learning programming.

If you have a webapp, mobile application or any other internet connected project that has enough of an attack surface then I would love to get in touch and possibly pentest it. Of course I'd report any issues I'd find so hopefully it would benefit both parties.

I also do pentesting as my job, so I am not a total newbie. If you have any questions feel free to reply here or DM me. If you are scared of letting someone you don't know pentest your application (which is understandable) I can also help with setting up a testing environment, creating mock data, etc.

Thanks in advance!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Jestzer@lemmy.world 5 points 1 day ago

I have a few programs that will reach out to the internet when the user explicitly checks for updates. Feel free to rip apart my amateur projects: https://github.com/Jestzer

this post was submitted on 28 Sep 2024
24 points (100.0% liked)

Programming

17074 readers
193 users here now

Welcome to the main community in programming.dev! Feel free to post anything relating to programming here!

Cross posting is strongly encouraged in the instance. If you feel your post or another person's post makes sense in another community cross post into it.

Hope you enjoy the instance!

Rules

Rules

• Follow the programming.dev instance rules
  • Keep content related to programming in some way
  • If you're posting long videos try to add in some form of tldr for those who don't want to watch videos

Wormhole

Follow the wormhole through a path of communities !webdev@programming.dev

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS