you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] avidamoeba@lemmy.ca 5 points 1 day ago

I'm not sure why every time I look at this project, it rubs me the wrong way. Anyone found anything wrong with it?

[-] JameUwU@lemmy.ml 27 points 1 day ago

Its self hostable now, and I'm my playing around with the self hosted version it seems fine

[-] ripcord@lemmy.world 4 points 1 day ago

Any guesses why that is?

[-] stoy@lemmy.zip -5 points 1 day ago

I just hate the comic style that is used in presentations like this, it is just too cutsey, and I can't take it seriously

[-] Voltage@sh.itjust.works 16 points 1 day ago

I want more ducks

[-] SpaceNoodle@lemmy.world 13 points 1 day ago

It's named "duck," what do you expect?

[-] unskilled5117@feddit.org 30 points 1 day ago

What does Ente mean? 

In Malayalam, Vishnu's native language, "ente" means "mine". Thus "Ente Photos" has the literal meaning "my photos".

This was a good name, but still Vishnu looked around for better ones. But one day, he discovered that "ente" means "duck" in German. This unexpected connection sealed the deal. We should ask him why he likes ducks so much, but apparently he does, so this dual meaning ("mine" / "duck") led him to finalize the name, and also led to the adoption of "Ducky", Ente's mascot Source

[-] Voltage@sh.itjust.works 9 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

I was thinking why it sounded too convenient lol, i did not know the founder was a malayali. Now it makes sense. I hope they go on to be like proton

this post was submitted on 27 Sep 2024
241 points (98.0% liked)

Selfhosted

39350 readers
391 users here now

A place to share alternatives to popular online services that can be self-hosted without giving up privacy or locking you into a service you don't control.

Rules:

1. Be civil: we're here to support and learn from one another. Insults won't be tolerated. Flame wars are frowned upon.

2. No spam posting.

3. Posts have to be centered around self-hosting. There are other communities for discussing hardware or home computing. If it's not obvious why your post topic revolves around selfhosting, please include details to make it clear.

4. Don't duplicate the full text of your blog or github here. Just post the link for folks to click.

5. Submission headline should match the article title (don’t cherry-pick information from the title to fit your agenda).

6. No trolling.

Resources:

Any issues on the community? Report it using the report flag.

Questions? DM the mods!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS