Anon doesn't like reddit (sh.itjust.works)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Jumuta@sh.itjust.works 24 points 3 weeks ago* (last edited 3 weeks ago)

Restricting search results to reddit is still a nice way to filter out corporate junk and just get honest end user opinion on things. As much as I hate the management of the platform now, you have to remember that Reddit didn't always used to be shit. Aaron Swartz was a co-founder.

[-] UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world 22 points 3 weeks ago

Aaron Swartz was a co-founder.

Swartz has been six feet under for longer than some Lemmyites have been alive.

[-] Daxtron2@startrek.website 15 points 3 weeks ago

It is rapidly becoming an unviable way to find info these days. I have to specifically ignore anything from the past couple years.

[-] JameUwU@lemmy.ml 11 points 3 weeks ago

Except companies have learned the meta, and now a bunch of search queries for Reddit are filled with ads on Reddit. (not to mention you have to use google to get their results now.)

[-] sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works 6 points 3 weeks ago

Eh, I still get Reddit results through DDG. They may not be fresh, but they seem to still be in the index, and honestly, that's fine because I only really care about the older content.

[-] Grass@sh.itjust.works 11 points 3 weeks ago

at this point I get like 75% fuck spez/etc post edits instead

[-] bitwolf@lemmy.one 3 points 3 weeks ago* (last edited 3 weeks ago)

You still have to filter through bots posing as real people replies on some posts high in google results

this post was submitted on 05 Sep 2024
882 points (97.6% liked)

Greentext

3987 readers
1746 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 11 months ago
MODERATORS