you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Blaster_M@lemmy.world 2 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

A Quest is an overpowered smartphone strapped to your face, with all the capabilities of such. You can restrict a smartphone too, but how many parents actually have that level of technical inclination? It's better to limit the youngest minds' times on these devices until they're a bit older, and you've had more time to teach them important life skills. Also, parents teach your kids important life skills from an early age, please.

[-] todd_bonzalez@lemm.ee 4 points 1 month ago

I think we actually agree, maybe just a misunderstanding.

I don't believe that parental controls actually stop most kids from doing things they shouldn't, and I think these devices are bad for a growing mind compared to real world human experiences.

I think I misunderstood you earlier thinking you said that smartphones were easier to agree to giving children over a VR headset, because a VR headset is only for gaming. I think we both agree that they are bad.

[-] postmateDumbass@lemmy.world 1 points 1 month ago

Children will be raised initially by an expanded roomba with arms amd a babysitting AI.

this post was submitted on 26 Aug 2024
401 points (95.1% liked)

Technology

58311 readers
5954 users here now

This is a most excellent place for technology news and articles.

Our Rules

1. Follow the lemmy.world rules.
  2. Only tech related content.
  3. Be excellent to each another!
  4. Mod approved content bots can post up to 10 articles per day.
  5. Threads asking for personal tech support may be deleted.
  6. Politics threads may be removed.
  7. No memes allowed as posts, OK to post as comments.
  8. Only approved bots from the list below, to ask if your bot can be added please contact us.
  9. Check for duplicates before posting, duplicates may be removed

Approved Bots

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS