Pls pls pls.... (slrpnk.net)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world 146 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

Went to a metal concert last year for a huge, well known band. The number of punisher/warrior, thin blue line, militia-styled ragged flag, Gadsden shirts and hats was off the charts.

In my younger days metal was anti-authoritarianism, anti-cop, anti-conformity… now these clowns are the ones who want to be holding the riot batons, the body armor, and support the very fascists we hated.

I got plenty of grey hair, the crowd around me didn’t so I’m thinking there’s a generational shift to metal going fascist.

Yeah, the meme rings pretty true.

[-] Son_of_dad@lemmy.world 31 points 5 months ago

Lot of metal recently using racist ideology, etc. Sucks that anything with a Celtic or Viking design has a racist vibe behind it now

[-] yelgo@lemmy.ca 15 points 5 months ago

Yeah there are people who think (sterotypical) Vikings are their true "white" heritage and end up harassing anyone they don't like out of fanbases for viking-related bands. Heilung, for example, had to publicly state that those kind of people are not welcome after some of them were harrassing a woman for having the "wrong" skin color to be able to participate at one of their shows. These guys haven't yet figured out that their bigotry is the exact opposite beliefs of the vast majority of the pagan/viking/etc communities.

[-] adhocfungus@midwest.social 3 points 5 months ago

Is it bad that I find this reassuring? I love Heilung's music, but I've been too nervous to check out if they're Nazis. Now I don't have to worry.

load more comments (6 replies)
load more comments (59 replies)
this post was submitted on 17 Apr 2024
1626 points (96.6% liked)

Comic Strips

12134 readers
2177 users here now

Comic Strips is a community for those who love comic stories.

The rules are simple:

Web of links

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS