Brave Search released a feature a which lets you customize search results. It's always a bit of a hassle searching for gear which is either made in NZ or ships to NZ, so I had a go at making one which prioritises outdoors gear which is made here (or failing that, is sold here).

You can test it here

Disclaimer: I work at Brave, though not on the search team

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] fallaciousreasoning@lemmy.nz 3 points 6 months ago

I wanted results which would prioritise things like fiordlandpacks.nz, cactusoutdoor.co.nz and southernlitepacks.co.nz. As you can see, it was only partially successful but I feel like it's still useful.

The source for the filter is https://gist.github.com/fallaciousreasoning/c7d10b8db5449fb62b601ddf111003a3 - let me know if you think there are some NZ based sites I should include.

[-] eagleeyedtiger@lemmy.nz 3 points 6 months ago

TreknTravel - Hamilton based shop

Equip Outdoors - Hamilton based shop

Outside Sports - has a few stores around Queenstown region

Aarn Packs - Designed in NZ, but I don't think they're manufactured here

[-] fallaciousreasoning@lemmy.nz 3 points 6 months ago

Sweet, added! I hadn't seen Aarn packs before, seems like they make some cool stuff!

[-] eagleeyedtiger@lemmy.nz 3 points 6 months ago

I read a few good reviews on them many years ago on reddit. I was going to get one of their packs when I imagined all the tramping I was going to do but never did before kids came along.. maybe one day I'll get to it haha

load more comments (1 replies)
load more comments (3 replies)
this post was submitted on 15 Mar 2024
8 points (75.0% liked)

Aotearoa / New Zealand

1633 readers
24 users here now

Kia ora and welcome to !newzealand, a place to share and discuss anything about Aotearoa in general

Rules:

FAQ ~ NZ Community List ~ Join Matrix chatroom

Banner image by Bernard Spragg

Got an idea for next month's banner?

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS