you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] bradboimler@kbin.social 13 points 1 year ago

I feel that setting up and administering Linux is still out of reach for most people. But for day to day use? Considering most of that is web browsing? It's totally there.

I'm actually kinda astonished at how polished the GNOME desktop environment is

[-] hawdini@kbin.social 7 points 1 year ago

Same for KDE, in fact, I would go as far as saying that most Windows users could find their way around KDE very easily within a matter of minutes.

[-] Alexmitter@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

I would never recommend a Windows user KDE, they would think this Linux thing is much worse then Windows. KDE simply said is trash, a buggy mess beyond reason and a very poorly made Windows clone.

[-] hawdini@kbin.social 1 points 1 year ago

What issues do you have with KDE? It's been solid for me for many years. The initial release of KDE 4 was a bit of a shitshow, but they hadn't EOLed 3.5 at that point yet, and once they did, 4.X was solid.

[-] Alexmitter@kbin.social 1 points 1 year ago

Honestly KDE 4 > KDE 5. And every time I have to use the desktop on my steam deck, I wanna cry. Thankfully I have to less and less. Basically not at all anymore except for file management, that's still a sore spot.

load more comments (7 replies)
load more comments (7 replies)
load more comments (8 replies)
this post was submitted on 10 Jul 2023
45 points (100.0% liked)

Shower Thoughts

9 readers
5 users here now

A community for sharing those miniature epiphanies you have that highlight the oddities within the familiar.

founded 1 year ago