submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by nieceandtows@lemmy.world to c/obsidianmd@lemmy.world

I have iOS, and use MacBook/Linux.

EDIT: Wow! It’s impressive how many different ways there are to achieve this. I tried obsidian git, but couldn’t get it to work as expected. Remotely Save is working perfect! Obsidian flew under my radar all these days because I thought sync was the only way. I’m looking into plugins and there’s literally a thousand plugins. It’s kinda overwhelming tbh. I’ll make another post for plug-in recommendations and workflow setup advice. Thank you all!

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] bowreality@lemmy.ca 5 points 1 year ago

I am all Apple so I use iCloud. Works like a charm. No issues at all

[-] dreboy@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

Wanted to add to this, this method still works like a charm even with a windows pc. Haven’t had any issues with syncing across my iPhone, mac, and windows pc since I started doing this.

[-] DrakeRichards@lemmy.world 3 points 1 year ago

Do you do much editing on your Windows machine? I tried using iCloud sync but found that the documents would randomly undo a sentence or two as I typed. Also had problems with Windows sometimes not uploading whole files.

[-] dreboy@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Not much to be honest. I mainly use my pc for video games and to write down quick notes if needed

load more comments (1 replies)
this post was submitted on 09 Jul 2023
29 points (100.0% liked)

ObsidianMD

3765 readers
1 users here now

Unofficial Lemmy community for https://obsidian.md

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS