submitted 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago) by coeliacmccarthy@hexbear.net to c/politics@hexbear.net
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Ho_Chi_Chungus@hexbear.net 68 points 9 months ago

I remember seeing a post earlier about whether Hexbear thinks Trump or Biden wins 2024 but it seems no one predicted that there simply would not be a presidential election in 2024. At least if this keeps going

[-] huf@hexbear.net 55 points 9 months ago
[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 27 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

This isnwhat actually is going to happen sometime in the next 2 decades with candidates are going to declare they won and the country is going to balkanize over it.

And I really don't think it'll be a civil war because there's no defined fronts, it'd be all the cities being blockaded by all the surrounding rural areas.

The only thing that might prevent this from happening is if liberals say the republican president won with their compelling argument of "fuck you what're you gonna fo about it" to move forward ad a nation and begin healing.

[-] PauliExcluded@hexbear.net 21 points 9 months ago

Isn’t that last paragraph basically describing the 2000 election?

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 19 points 9 months ago

Yea but it was a month long dog and pony show.

In the scanrio I'm suggesting it's more like 2020 where any objective observer agrees Biden got the EC votes to win but 40% of the country just says "nuh uh" and dems still end up agreeing to give up.

But republicans are usually smart enough to give dems a boogeyman to point to and blame for their loss because they understand liberals ideal state of existence is losing while claiming a moral victory.

load more comments (6 replies)
load more comments (11 replies)
load more comments (11 replies)
this post was submitted on 20 Dec 2023
153 points (100.0% liked)

politics

22195 readers
246 users here now

Protests, dual power, and even electoralism.

Labour and union posts go to !labour@www.hexbear.net.

Take the dunks to /c/strugglesession or !the_dunk_tank@www.hexbear.net.

!chapotraphouse@www.hexbear.net is good for shitposting.

Do not post direct links to reactionary sites.

Off topic posts will be removed.

Follow the Hexbear Code of Conduct and remember we're all comrades here.

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS