Just One Last Thing (lemmy.world)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] _dev_null@lemmy.zxcvn.xyz 32 points 11 months ago* (last edited 11 months ago)

That's why I've got my IDE configured to make a commit and push for every single ctrl-s.

And one more thing, I'm not going to squash before my final PR.

EDIT:

For those of you interested, here's my gitconfig alias to help with this workflow:

[alias]
    ctrl-s-commit-push="!f() { count=$(cat count.txt); git add .; git commit -m \"$(date): commit $count\"; git push;}; f"

IMPORTANT: For those who are downvoting, yes, my entire comment is sarcasm, lol! Do not ever do anything like this in a shared repo, ever! If you actually do this in a shared repo, your access will likely be revoked the moment someone sane and competent realizes what you're doing.

Addendum: In that alias, I would've used left angle bracket instead of cat, but apparently lemmy scrubs those. I even tried the entity for it, but no go for either.

[-] ntzm@lemmy.ml 3 points 11 months ago

Wouldn't that mean you just have shit tons of commits? What about the commit message?

[-] TickleMeElmo@discuss.tchncs.de 2 points 11 months ago

I'd expect the poo emoji at that point.

load more comments (5 replies)
load more comments (9 replies)
this post was submitted on 21 Oct 2023
729 points (98.3% liked)

Programmer Humor

32155 readers
295 users here now

Post funny things about programming here! (Or just rant about your favourite programming language.)

Rules:

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS