Creative forces behind series like Fallout, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls, and Pillars of Eternity react to Baldur's Gate 3.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] Hairyblue@kbin.social 8 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Fun reading the options and remarks of these other game makers. I skipped the part about the spoiler in act 1. I have played probably 40 hours now and I am not sure I have even reached the middle of act 1.

[-] JJROKCZ@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

Act 1 took me around 20 and I was being careful to look everywhere and search everything, if it’s taken you 40 are you spending a lot of time just standing in the meadows?

[-] TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee 7 points 1 year ago

I spent a whole play session changing classes and choosing a sub class for multiple characters a couple of days ago. So I can see it lol

[-] AngusOReily@lemmy.world 6 points 1 year ago

Oh my God, a few nights back I had three hours to play and just spent it respecting everyone and playing with their gear. And by everyone, I mean everyone. Even the people I have not had in my active party outside like a quest or two.

"Hmm, should this Act 3 companion go Ranger 8 / Barb 4? How best do I build them to dual weild? Which swords should they get? Let me change my party so I can see what everyone else has."

I beat the game two nights later only using the characters I ran essentially the whole game with. But honestly, I love messing with builds. The fact that we can just do it all the time to try something new or min-max just a little bit more ("hey, I just got a permanent bump to my main stat, let's see if I can rework everything to up a bonus somewhere...") is such a great feature.

Really glad they added respec and multiclassing, it's going to extend the life of the game for me for sure.

[-] TransplantedSconie@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

Every time I level up, I spend the time to make sure everyone is too. It takes a while, but I can plug and play them all. I still run my main group of my Paladin/Bard, Shadowheart, Karlach, and Lae'Zel most of the time, though.

Plus, making Gale learn all the scrolls I've squirrled away took a while.

[-] OrgunDonor@kbin.social 3 points 1 year ago

Tip for making Gale(or any wizard) learn scrolls. If you open up his spell book, then is a small button that opens a new menu(I think it is an open book with a flame, it is early in the morning for me), and it lists all the scrolls you can learn that you have, tick all the boxes, and then the pay the money. Took me 1 minute to spend over 3000 gold learning spells.

[-] Wutchilli@feddit.de 1 points 1 year ago

Damn, thats a good Tip thank you.

[-] pyrflie@lemm.ee 1 points 1 year ago

Don't feel bad at all. An hour spent respecing and rebuilding your characters saves more time that would be spent on reloading.

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (6 replies)
load more comments (6 replies)
this post was submitted on 20 Aug 2023
49 points (96.2% liked)

Baldur's Gate 3

6195 readers
184 users here now

All things BG3!

Baldur’s Gate 3 is a story-rich, party-based RPG set in the universe of Dungeons & Dragons, where your choices shape a tale of fellowship and betrayal, survival and sacrifice, and the lure of absolute power. (Website)

Spoilers

If your post contains any possible spoilers, please:

Thank you!

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS