Apparently they’ve pulled out of recent GBs they were set to be the US proxy for. They’ve set their discord to read only and deleted general chat. And their ticket system says it’s full and can’t accept new ones.

It would seem they are still selling and shipping in-stock products, but my two GBs thru them, GMK Moonlight and Hubble, haven’t had updates in quite some time.

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] KoolKeys@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Just a sign that what we already knew would happen, is happening. The bubble is bursting on the mechanical keyboard hobby mainstream pandemic blow up. Larger companies that rode the wave to growth are now facing some financial decisions I reckon. This story right here is not an isolated incident. IMO, there will be a slow, steady return to how things were pre-pandemic.... kind of 2018/19 levels of interest.

[-] zebus@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

Spot on, they’re not the first and won’t be the last. I wonder who will be left when the dust settles.

[-] funnyletter@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago

The classic hobby drama: Hobby has a surge in popularity, Very Small Business bites off way more than they can chew, Very Small Business collapses and/or ghosts while owing people a bunch of money/product.

load more comments (2 replies)
load more comments (2 replies)
this post was submitted on 22 Jun 2023
5 points (100.0% liked)

Mechanical Keyboards

4 readers
1 users here now

A friendly community of keyboard enthusiasts. Share pictures of your daily drivers, your latest builds, and your crazy prototypes! Feel free to ask troubleshooting questions or make a post asking for recommendations :)

founded 1 year ago