MAGAts be all ... (lemmy.today)

This one is for all the @redstateinsurgents@a.gup.pe

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech 85 points 17 hours ago

I keep reading shit like that, Gas was too expensive, thanks Biden! Just shifting blame left and right. And hey, I come from the midwest where gas is essential because everything is so goddamn far apart - but I drove a civic.

Oh I'm so sorry you went out, spent way too much on a giant truck, bragged to all your friends how you just have to have a hemi/cummins, did everything you could to reduce efficiency, and now you have to spend even more on gas? What a shame. Just, such a shame.

You don't want to even do a tiny bit of introspection there? I drive an EV now, and they just rage that for a full "fill up" I spend $6. Total. My monthly travel bill (when not riding transit) is now about $15.

[-] Soup@lemmy.world 34 points 16 hours ago

“I’ll have you know that I use this truck once a year to pull something a sturdy station wagon could handle just fine! And what if you need a really shitty version of a U-Haul? Then who are you gunna call?!? I saved $200 moving that one time and all it cost me was an extra $35k and a gas bill with numbers mathematicians are still trying to describe properly.”

Trucks: If you don’t have a fifth wheel RV then you may just be a complete dipshit.

[-] scrubbles@poptalk.scrubbles.tech 4 points 6 hours ago

God I hate the moving argument, the once a year thing. Yeah once a year I need something large from Home Depot. They have trucks I can rent literally there on site, or I go to the uhaul and rent one for $30 for the entire day. That's not "manly" though to them

[-] Charapaso@lemmy.world 4 points 5 hours ago

Yeah, given that it's around a hundred bucks (at best) a month for a pickup, and I can rent a pickup from a big box store for 20 bucks...the math works out to do that as often as weekly and still save money, considering registration/tag/maintenance. That's considering that my wife and I have one car, and one motorcycle: the differential in going from a car to a truck isn't as egregious as motorcycle or no second car, of course.

Also, it's always fun to get a huge haul of materials with my motorcycle gear on, seeing folks clearly wonder if I've thought through my decisions.

load more comments (7 replies)
load more comments (20 replies)
this post was submitted on 04 Oct 2024
689 points (94.2% liked)

memes

9838 readers
3856 users here now

Community rules

1. Be civilNo trolling, bigotry or other insulting / annoying behaviour

2. No politicsThis is non-politics community. For political memes please go to !politicalmemes@lemmy.world

3. No recent repostsCheck for reposts when posting a meme, you can only repost after 1 month

4. No botsNo bots without the express approval of the mods or the admins

5. No Spam/AdsNo advertisements or spam. This is an instance rule and the only way to live.

Sister communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS