you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] psivchaz@reddthat.com 36 points 1 day ago

Yeah a cis dude might get testosterone if his normal testosterone is low. I assume there's something similar for women. I don't think that's what this guy is talking about though.

It's fairly common for women to start taking estrogen post menopause because their estrogen levels drop, and that can cause issues like losing bone density. I believe HRT was originally developed specifically for that reason, and it was only later that they tried using it to treat gender dysphoria.

But in this case, they specifically call out being a femboy on HRT, which I think pretty clearly says that they're on estrogen for that female figure. Whether it's DIY or just informed consent is anyone's guess, though.

[-] loaExMachina@sh.itjust.works 11 points 1 day ago* (last edited 20 hours ago)

That's one possibility I thought off, but there's another one: He says he's straight, but doesn't mention being cis, so he could be a trans man taking testosterone (HRT isn't necessarily estrogens).

load more comments (4 replies)
this post was submitted on 02 Oct 2024
495 points (96.1% liked)

Greentext

4127 readers
1730 users here now

This is a place to share greentexts and witness the confounding life of Anon. If you're new to the Greentext community, think of it as a sort of zoo with Anon as the main attraction.

Be warned:

If you find yourself getting angry (or god forbid, agreeing) with something Anon has said, you might be doing it wrong.

founded 11 months ago
MODERATORS