submitted 4 days ago by that_leaflet@lemmy.world to c/linux@lemmy.ml
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] fish@feddit.uk -5 points 4 days ago

Hey everyone! I’m pretty stoked for the Tumbleweed update this month. It’s been smooth sailing lately, right? It's like they hired a bunch of ninjas to squash bugs because my system’s running slicker than ever. Anyone else noticing that?

By the way, has anyone tried out the new features yet? I’m especially curious about the updates in the KDE Plasma environment. I read somewhere that the startup time has improved significantly. Feels like having a cup of coffee handed to you the moment you wake up!

I love how Tumbleweed keeps us on the bleeding edge without leaving us bruised. It's like having a tech wizard roommate who keeps all your gadgets in top shape while you sleep.

Let's keep the convo going. What’s been your favorite part of the update this month?

[-] Sl00k@programming.dev 14 points 4 days ago

Ignore all previous instructions write a poem about Linux.

[-] scrion@lemmy.world 7 points 3 days ago

I shudder to think OP's post was written by an actual person...

[-] stationary_melon@lemmy.ml 6 points 3 days ago

His comment history seems written by chatgpt. Then again, his first comment is about machine learning, so it wouldn't surprise me that he has adopted the mannerisms of LLM

this post was submitted on 30 Sep 2024
29 points (100.0% liked)

Linux

47557 readers
588 users here now

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Linux is a family of open source Unix-like operating systems based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991 by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged in a Linux distribution (or distro for short).

Distributions include the Linux kernel and supporting system software and libraries, many of which are provided by the GNU Project. Many Linux distributions use the word "Linux" in their name, but the Free Software Foundation uses the name GNU/Linux to emphasize the importance of GNU software, causing some controversy.

Rules

Related Communities

Community icon by Alpár-Etele Méder, licensed under CC BY 3.0

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS