AITAH? (lemmy.zip)
you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] henfredemars@infosec.pub 21 points 1 week ago* (last edited 1 week ago)

I personally don't want to know about before and won 't ask, but that's up to everyone's personal relationship standards.

[-] spankmonkey@lemmy.world 26 points 1 week ago

My wife and I were both open about ours, and being open about it made trusting easier. I'm not sure who would have an problem knowing approximate numbers unless they have jealousy issues or are judgy.

[-] TankovayaDiviziya@lemmy.world 8 points 1 week ago* (last edited 1 week ago)

Personally, I would not care if my partner had slept with many other men before settling down with me, as long as she had clearly chagee. But there are definitely others who would judge the past for one reason or another.

Definitely there is double standards when it comes to "body count". When a man sleeps with as many women as possible, he's the man. But when a woman sleeps around with others, then she is branded a slut and her past is scrutinised.

[-] emmanuel_car@fedia.io 8 points 1 week ago

Double standards are really harsh, when a woman sleeps with lots of men, she’s a slut. When a man does the same, he’s gay.

load more comments (5 replies)
load more comments (6 replies)
load more comments (6 replies)
this post was submitted on 26 Sep 2024
930 points (96.8% liked)

Microblog Memes

5494 readers
2250 users here now

A place to share screenshots of Microblog posts, whether from Mastodon, tumblr, ~~Twitter~~ X, KBin, Threads or elsewhere.

Created as an evolution of White People Twitter and other tweet-capture subreddits.

Rules:

1. Please put at least one word relevant to the post in the post title.
  2. Be nice.
  3. No advertising, brand promotion or guerilla marketing.
  4. Posters are encouraged to link to the toot or tweet etc in the description of posts.

Related communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS