How long have you waited to get it? Was it worth it?

you are viewing a single comment's thread
view the rest of the comments
[-] XTL@sopuli.xyz 9 points 1 year ago

Fallouts. I knew they existed for, I don't even know, decades? I finally got New Vegas some years back (and others later) and it really is the greatest game ever made. I don't know why I waited.

[-] MyOtherCarIsEpona@kbin.social 7 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's actually great that you started with New Vegas. This can help give you perspective about why Black Isle/Obsidian understands the IP so much better than Bethesda does. I truly consider 3 and 4 to have great moments, but are overall trash when you compare them to 2 and New Vegas.

I really like Bethesda a lot as a publisher (Doom/Eternal, Hi-Fi Rush) but I really wish people would stop buying the games they develop until they figure some things out.

[-] maltasoron@sopuli.xyz 3 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I was planning to start a full replay of FO1-2-3-NV this week, but man, those games have not aged well presentation-wise. I ended up installing only F:NV with the Viva New Vegas modlist; I tried adding visual mods, but the game kept crashing. But at least I've got a stable version of the best game of the series now.

It would be nice if someone made a remaster of FO1 and 2 like they did with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2. I don't mind the top-down perspective, buv i would like some more graphical fidelity and UI improvements.

[-] BEZORP@kbin.social 2 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I relayed 1 and 2 maybe a decade ago now, and I remember there were some fan patches that made them much more user friendly. Higher resolutions and mouse scrolling in inventory being the enhancements I remember most.

I do have some nostalgia for to these games, so my tolerance for old school inconvenience is likely higher.

load more comments (1 replies)
this post was submitted on 30 Jul 2023
87 points (94.8% liked)

Patient Gamers

10292 readers
54 users here now

A gaming community free from the hype and oversaturation of current releases, catering to gamers who wait at least 12 months after release to play a game. Whether it's price, waiting for bugs/issues to be patched, DLC to be released, don't meet the system requirements, or just haven't had the time to keep up with the latest releases.

^(placeholder)^

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS