[-] squid010@beehaw.org 1 points 1 year ago

This was super helpful, thanks!

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 3 points 1 year ago

Gkids indicated that it would give “The Boy and the Heron” a North American theatrical release “later this year.”

LanguageTool

I'll have to look into that. I've always liked the idea of Grammarly, but it seemed like I was basically downloading a keylogger, which seemed... unwise, lol.

Thanks! That's what I was doing, just wondering if there was some elegant solution I was mising.

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 2 points 1 year ago

Is it just because of some ad-blocker I have, or does specll checking not work in Lemmy?

If it's the latter, I'd love that addition for our clusmsier counterparts.

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 41 points 1 year ago

redditors around the world pounding their fists on tables

let us jerk, let us jerk!

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 73 points 1 year ago

Same. It's really struck me both how little I miss it and how much I like the communities here. There's a much friendlier vibe.

And for the most part, aside from the bullshit threads where it's encouraged and expected, the comments are a lot more 'high-effort,' which is nice. That's something that I would expect to tend to naturally go down with the lowest common denominator as user count increases, but we'll see.

I feel the same.

I do like the microblogging platform for dumb chatter and quck updates (like new music coming out, for example). But in general, I much prefer threaded comment trees.

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 4 points 1 year ago

Same. I'm trying to decide what I like more.

Part of me thinks I'd prefer to have two seperate accounts.

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 4 points 1 year ago

They'll get there. The cool thing about this system is - from what I understand - since it's not top-down, nobody has to approve people working on something.

Relative to lifespan, I would assume that would mean someone will take it upon themselves and will make it a lot sooner than if permission to even start working on a solution had to be approved via 6 months of meetings.

[-] squid010@beehaw.org 2 points 1 year ago

Oh, you're right. I haven't used that since I was on the team at Pied Piper!

Same! If you figure that out and remember, please let me know!

Sometimes I sub and then unsub and that seems to do it, but it will only work for certain instances.

view more: next ›

squid010

joined 1 year ago