[-] n1729@lemmy.world 6 points 7 months ago

Ah, so that is the holdup. I was wondering why I can't see the latest release.

Thanks for the update.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 18 points 8 months ago

Really happy that Simple apps will continue as Fossify. Great name by the way. Cheers.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 5 points 8 months ago

This looks promising.

Is it possible to show gifs from gif hosting sites in the community page. So can see gifs without opening the post.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 5 points 9 months ago

Happy new year mate.

Enjoy your "me" time. Cheers.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 9 points 9 months ago

Thanks for all these fantastic updates mate.

submitted 11 months ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/linux@lemmy.ml
submitted 11 months ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/kde@lemmy.kde.social
[-] n1729@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

If Nate thinks that wayland only on Plasma 6 is the way to go then I feel like we as a user should trust him.

Currently I use AMD hardware and for me KDE + Wayland is fantastic experience. Some crashes here and there, with which I'm fine with.

My brother is running Fedora Kinoite + Wayland with Nvidia and he is total noob when it comes to Linux. He is happy and never complained about his system.

So, I would only assume for normal use case wayland is already in good shape currently. It is only going to get better with plasma 6.

Fedora 40 is still 7 months away.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 10 points 1 year ago

Interesting take from Nate.

I appreciate that he posted his perspective.

submitted 1 year ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/kde@lemmy.kde.social

Wayland. It comes up a lot: “Bug X fixed in the Plasma Wayland session.” “The Plasma Wayland session has now gained support for feature Y.” And it’s in the news quite a bit lately with the announcement that Fedora KDE is proposing to drop the Plasma X11 session for version 40 and only ship the Plasma Wayland session. I’ve read a lot of nervousness and fear about it lately. So today, let’s talk about it!

submitted 1 year ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/kde@lemmy.kde.social
submitted 1 year ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/linux@lemmy.ml
Android 14 Beta 5.3 released. (developer.android.com)
submitted 1 year ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/android@lemmy.world

Beta 5.3 released on 6th Sept, 2023 with following release notes:

Android 14 Beta 5.3 (September 2023)

This minor update to Android 14 Beta 5 includes the following fixes:

• Fixed an issue where apps crashed in some cases after a CallStyle notification was posted.

• Fixed various issues that could cause call or carrier service interruptions.

• Fixed an issue where the system was using an inefficient path when placing CPU restrictions on apps running in the background.

• Fixed issues with SurfaceFlinger that were causing a loss in system performance.

• Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet devices where the taskbar sometimes turned invisible while interacting with it.

• Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet devices where the animation on animated wallpapers stuttered when launching apps.

• Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices where the interface layout was misaligned while customizing the Home screen.

• Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices where the clock on the lock screen was flickering while animating.

• Fixed various issues that were impacting system stability and performance.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 12 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's one of the best icons pack.

submitted 1 year ago by n1729@lemmy.world to c/linux@lemmy.ml
[-] n1729@lemmy.world 5 points 1 year ago

Thank you for posting this mate.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

Pretty excited for each release. Thank you very much for your fantastic work mate.

[-] n1729@lemmy.world 4 points 1 year ago

Beautiful mate.

view more: next ›

n1729

joined 1 year ago