[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 19 points 2 weeks ago

I haven't dived into the article, but it is about NYC where public transit is good enough that owning a car just isn't necessary like most of the US.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 10 points 1 month ago

Daniel Tosh has a joke about how no woman should "stand beside her man" if they are to act crazy.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 11 points 1 month ago

I definitely feel more alert after taking my adhd meds. Not taking a nap with them in my system. It slows the frantic thoughts, but I still feel more awake.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 7 points 1 month ago

I have issues with twitch. Given I only watch every 3 months for the POE announcement live stream, I just open brave for that one site. I have not tried to figure out if it's my setup or not

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 19 points 2 months ago

From the Xbox announcement

"This change will not affect your ability to play Xbox 360 games or DLC you have already purchased. Xbox 360 game content previously purchased will still be available to play , not only the Xbox 360 console but also Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S devices via backward compatibility."

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 6 points 2 months ago

Blooms TD 6 - fun tower defense game with solid progression and everything can be earned by playing what I think is a reasonable amount.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 22 points 3 months ago

Small claims court? At least if you lose the case you'll know it ended up costing them 10x what the phone cost you.

Though forced arbitration is probably in there somewhere

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 13 points 4 months ago

Is executive order enough to raise the minimum wage?

I guess he could order all federal agencies will only work with companies that pay some new minimum.

Feels like abortion would get destroyed by the 5th circuit and the supreme court just like many of the other things they've tried to do

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 15 points 4 months ago* (last edited 4 months ago)

I would really like to subscribe...

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 7 points 7 months ago

From what I can tell, the core issue with YouTube music is that it is restricted to the same API end points as default YouTube. Their api for playlist management just sucks and a lot of client side caching and workarounds are required to make it at all feel okay to use.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 6 points 7 months ago

They really do. The only place I hear anyone talk about it is LTT and only during the wan show. It's a major reason I have premium despite being the type of person who uses GrapheneOS.

[-] lapping6596@lemmy.world 26 points 7 months ago

I work in tech as well, and I think the biggest reason is workplace mobility. Working at Google famously makes it easy go get a new job.

When work has sucked for me, I went job hunting not trying to fix a broken system

view more: next ›

lapping6596

joined 8 months ago