[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 7 points 20 hours ago

My buddy recently shaved his beard and stopped at this point for a meme shot. Looked dead on like this!

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 8 points 20 hours ago

I feel bad for the person in charge of the front department. Everyone on the internet will blame them.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 6 points 22 hours ago

I've never seen this. Legitimately hilarious!

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 32 points 1 day ago

Proof that Magneto would win if you bring guns.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 6 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Seems like a couple people were working on this around the same time.

Extracts of the adrenal gland were first obtained by Polish physiologist Napoleon Cybulski in 1895.[94] These extracts, which he called nadnerczyna ("adrenalin"), contained adrenaline and other catecholamines.[95] American ophthalmologist William H. Bates discovered adrenaline's usage for eye surgeries prior to 20 April 1896.[96] In 1897, John Jacob Abel (1857–1938), the father of modern pharmacology, found a natural substance produced by the adrenal glands that he named epinephrine.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 41 points 1 day ago

That's what happens when you get a trademark approved that matches the scientific name for the hormone. It should be genericized.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 6 points 3 days ago

Wind turbines are fanning the flames and keeping it hot.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 70 points 1 month ago

Of course they waited until Saturday to announce this while the markets are closed. Boeing will plummet on Monday.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 98 points 1 month ago

Disney states they "Waived their right to arbitration". A weasely way of seeming to agree with the public sentiment, but actually avoiding having this ruled on right now so they can fine tune the language and try again later.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 68 points 6 months ago

Voyager 1 is almost one light day away, and now my brain hurts thinking about it.

[-] anubis119@lemmy.world 72 points 1 year ago

I'm glad they recognize the gravity of the situation and are treating this as a true existential moment for the company.

view more: next ›

anubis119

joined 1 year ago