[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 3 points 21 hours ago

Sometimes being in my little car driving in NYC is more relaxing or faster. Most of the time taking public transportation takes the same amount of time as driving, so I'll pick driving so I don't have to be cold or hot while waiting or to deal with other people. The argument for making more public transportation faster, more frequent is a good one and would make more people use it.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 2 points 3 days ago

Reddit is still going strong I feel.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 3 points 6 days ago

I love how they used practical effects for the star wars mivies.

Roberts made no serious effort to entice the three liberal justices for even a modicum of the cross-ideological agreement that distinguished such presidential-powers cases in the past. He believed he could persuade people to look beyond Trump.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 76 points 2 months ago

My mom a brown person liked trump last election whilst my father who follows politics hated him. Some people just don't know and that's a problem. My mom now hates him.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 71 points 4 months ago

She's a brave woman. Imagine knowing you need a bullet proof vest and still going.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 61 points 5 months ago* (last edited 5 months ago)

The early 80s will happen again until the late 90s come back, So Reagan then Clinton. Crime will go up, Graffiti, homeless etc The rent is skyrocketing like when Reagan took over. The economy works when the middle class does well and we can't keep funneling the money higher up. When the middle class can afford a home and cooperations stop buying them up to lease that might help.

The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class." -George Carlin'

That's the way the ruling class operates in any society: they try to divide the rest of the people; they keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the fucking money. Fairly simple thing... happens to work..." -George Carlin

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 94 points 7 months ago

can we do that too

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 67 points 8 months ago

This is the best suggestion since it's what Carroll stands for and it would give others the confidence to confront their abusers.

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 73 points 8 months ago* (last edited 8 months ago)

Starting with the Second Orbán Government in 2010, during his uninterrupted stay in power, Orbán has curtailed press freedom, weakened judicial independence, and undermined multiparty democracy, amounting to democratic backsliding during Orbán's tenure. Orbán's harsh criticism of the policies favored by the European Union while accepting their money and funneling it to his allies and family have also led to accusations that his government is a kleptocracy. His government has also been characterized as an autocracy.

"We [Hungarians] are not a mixed race and we do not want to become a mixed race."

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 61 points 9 months ago

Hmm, anti competitive practices.

Mine Mine Mine (lemmy.world)
[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 61 points 1 year ago

How the Nazis started, by getting people angry over nothing

[-] UltraMagnus0001@lemmy.world 77 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Kinda like the auto industry killing rail cars, which is why in many states you see them paved over

I can't subscribe on Jerboa, but I can on Lemmy.world

view more: next ›

UltraMagnus0001

joined 1 year ago