[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 1 points 11 hours ago* (last edited 11 hours ago)

The last version barely runs on Linux and the one before that was made before computers could have more than 4gb of ram and it crashes all the time (regardless of if you use Windows or Linux). Flight Simulator 2004, the one before that, has shitty enough graphics that it never hits the 4gb limit so stupidly enough that's the most playable one.

So let me get this straight. Not being allowed to fire people over abortion.. Counts as not having freedom of religion?? Freedom of religion means going out of your way to fuck people over? These types of people are cancer. I hope they all lose everything when Harris wins and cracks down on workplace discrimination.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 2 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Actually that worked for this one. Thanks.

Edit: never mind. I don't know why it wasn't giving me errors as first but it started not compiling again. False alarm.

Wow do they really still use potassium cyanide? WTF. What's next, mustard gas chambers?

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 3 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

The purpose of the windows key is its the thing you press when the program freezes and alt+tab doesn't work.

submitted 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/nostupidquestions@lemmy.world

I love github and open source but when you have to install a library that isn't in your os's repository, oh boy.

In my current project, I need freetype. It compiles with make and make install. Now it's in my usr/lib/freetype2 and usr/include/freetype2 directory. The only problem is that the source files expect it to be in usr/lib and usr/include. The only fix is to manually change every include until it matches. You can get creative with find and replace but there is no 1 command fix and no matter what it's always a lot of work and consumes a lot of time.

While I could sit down and actually do that, I'm just going to have to do the same thing every time I want to compile it on a different distro or on a different system. I'd rather put the files in my source directory so it'll just compile every time so I only have to do this once.

I'm reasonably sure this isn't what you're supposed to do but I've shoehorned the last several libraries I needed into my project this way. A shitty hack that I only have to do once is better than a shitty hack I have to do a lot of times.

Is there a better way? It would have been so much easier to make everything have a top level h file but they split it into a lib and src directory which makes everything a huge pain in the ass when it doesn't work.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 2 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

I used to make edibles by putting ground weed in a mason jar while baking. 305F for 18 minutes. It's better to do it longer at lower temperatures, figure out the math yourself (I've long forgot to how I came up with that) but I lived in an apartment and I wanted to shorten the amount of time I had hot smell-producing weed at all costs.

The math for how much weed you can decarb in a mason jar before overpressurizing is basically impossible because weed gives off co2 in addition to the air expanding as it heats up which sounds like it can be calculated but it doesn't ever work out. But I did find that 16oz jars fail at somewhere between 40 and 50 psi and it's the metal lid that fails first every time. If using a smaller jar than 16oz, the glass may explode first but larger ones should be safe.

Unless you live in an illegal state and are absolutely surrounded by war on marijuana supporter type people, this is way too much effort for the average person. Just put ground up weed on a baking tray and run it for however long any random baking recipe says to do.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 6 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Dew Dogs are the bomb. For some fucking reason my mom never buys me the baja blast ones. Whenever I invite a girl into my mom's basement for an Arch Linux playdate (which doesn't happen that often for some reason), it always gets ruined because the best I have are Dew Dogs original.

I don't how how women know all I have are the original flavor because they usually make an excuse to leave 0.2 seconds after showing them my cumsock collection.

/s (I forgot where I was going with this)

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 3 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Actually yes. In Pompeii there are penises, boob and sex murals in some of the buildings.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 7 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Neither. They'll ignore the law completely because the $3.50 fine they'll have to pay (in the extremely rare chance anyone powerful enough notices in the first place) will be worth it to them and the ones that aren't based in California will never see real consequences for ignoring the law.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 7 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

It needs to hurry up and happen then. And hopefully corporations won't decide it's more worthwhile to rebuild it with an ai that does a 1000% worse job for 0% of the pay.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 5 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

This is just a normal article that happens to be on a satire news site.

[-] PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com 16 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Because the chocolate chip cookie recipe they put on the back of the chocolate chip bag is already the scientifically best possible recipe. It can no longer be improved. That's why cookie influencers have to resort to stupid shit like this. All the good ideas have already been figured out so the best they can do is play pretend with the stupid ideas.

submitted 2 weeks ago* (last edited 2 weeks ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/nostupidquestions@lemmy.world

It's like can't win. Its been like this my entire life. I currently have don't have problems getting to sleep but it's waking up that's bullshit.

submitted 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/lemmyshitpost@lemmy.world

Will the Dakotas ever reunify?

submitted 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/selfhosted@lemmy.world

I have a php webpage with a search bar that uses php code to search my server for files. It's really slow. It's a custom made thing I came up with years ago.

Are there any standalone python or c++ projects or libraries I can use that handle file searching? Plugging in a more optimal search function into this system would be a massive improvement but I can't really replace this with a different system because reasons. If the only way to get such a feature is if I program it myself, then I'll have to do that as it will be less work than migrating to a new system. But I'm pretty sure there exists something I could use to manage the search so I can shoehorn that in to the codebase instead of starting from scratch. Any suggestions?

Tl;dr I'm looking for a command line search program that runs on Linux and has some form of indexing.

Am I missing something? The article seems to suggest it works via hidden text characters. Has OpenAI never heard of pasting text into a utf8 notepad before?

submitted 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/lemmyshitpost@lemmy.world

If I plant more trees will that block his hacking? What are some quick growing trees?

submitted 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago) by PenisDuckCuck9001@lemmynsfw.com to c/selfhosted@lemmy.world

This is killing me. Videos that are gigabytes in size instead of a couple hundred mb. I don't have the storage space for this. I don't have the bandwidth for this. More and more content creators are using 4k video instead of 1080p. Is there an easy way to make it only download videos in 1080p? I've found a few commands around the internet that don't work, presumably they work on some videos sometimes but that's just not good enough.

I download videos from a custom made web interface connected to yt-dlp so if it's no longer going to be possible to automate the process of video and playlist downloading then everything is going to become a huge pain in the ass.

view more: next ›

PenisDuckCuck9001

joined 2 months ago