Troonrede 2045 (www.youtube.com)
submitted 1 week ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/videos@feddit.nl
submitted 1 week ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/politiek@lemy.nl
[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 57 points 3 weeks ago

Unlike most houses, in mine the Fox won't change the default browser.

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 48 points 3 weeks ago

The most mind-blowing moment I've ever had was the course Relativistic Electrodynamics.

If you assume static electricity (charges attract or repel), then apply special relativity to see what the situation looks like to an observer travelling by, you get magnetism!

Turns out half of Maxwell's laws is a direct consequence of the other half once you know about special relativity.

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 93 points 1 month ago

🤜🤛

Converting it to Nitter (xcancel.com) for people who don't want to go there:

https://xcancel.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1825196784462737824

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 38 points 1 month ago* (last edited 1 month ago)

TL;DR: Don't buy Mesh WiFi, especially if offered at a low price/subscription by your ISP. Use old-fashioned routers and access points.

If you already have or really need Mesh WiFi, consider installing a VPN client on every single device that supports it. A VPN config on your router will not protect your data from the spying WiFi Mesh Pods.

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 43 points 1 month ago

The time between "start integrating" for an Ubuntu release and the actual Ubuntu release, is typically a full kernel release cycle IIRC. It takes months before it is actually released. Once it's in your daily driver, it won't be a release candidate kernel anymore.

Not supporting a newly bought modern computer out of the box is pretty bad for an OS that claims to be accessible and easy to use. So I understand the shift.

I trust their testing process is adequate to ensure stability at release.

UK protest rule (feddit.nl)
submitted 2 months ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/196@lemmy.blahaj.zone

Context: in the UK, climate activists got 4-5 years in jail for planning a non-violent protest. The law that made this possible was literally written by the oil lobby: https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/rishi-sunak-right-wing-think-tank-anti-protest-laws-policy-exchange/?ref=publicsquare.uk

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 39 points 2 months ago

It's obviously a great idea, but

(why has no one said this yet?)

Ackshually 🤓 - those things in the image of the A-4 that you flipped around are fuel tanks, not weapons.

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 39 points 2 months ago

Shat is the past tense of the verb to shit, methinks

submitted 3 months ago* (last edited 3 months ago) by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/linuxmemes@lemmy.world

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/steam-tracker/

Thanks to the @teawrecks@sopulk.xyz in !linux_gaming@lemmy.ml for the inspiration!

submitted 4 months ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/imadethis@lemm.ee

cross-posted from: https://feddit.nl/post/14562342

Small 1:72 F4U Corsair model built in a weekend

Full album can be found at: https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=118436&p=albums&album=111437&view=thumbs

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 41 points 6 months ago

Navigating at night using nothing but maps, compass, altitude and speed indicator is pretty difficult. Especially when the hostile territory you are flying over is forcing everyone to keep their curtains closed and minimize light leaks.

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 65 points 6 months ago

And even then, they often hit the wrong city

submitted 7 months ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/yurop@lemm.ee
submitted 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago) by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/linux_gaming@lemmy.world

cross-posted from: https://feddit.nl/post/11027166

Petition: make WMR open source

Microsoft has stopped supporting WMR.

Please sign this petition to?open-source the software, so others can maintain it and prevent the perfectly good VR headsets becoming e-waste!

submitted 7 months ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/gaming@beehaw.org

cross-posted from: https://feddit.nl/post/11027166

Petition: make WMR open source

Please sign this petition to?open-source the software, so others can maintain it and prevent the perfectly good VR headsets becoming e-waste!

submitted 7 months ago* (last edited 7 months ago) by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/adhd@lemmy.world

So I recently started to recognize a lot of the behaviors associated with ADHD. I was and still am in doubt whether I have ADHD or not, but some specific events caused me to ask my doctor to refer me for a diagnosis. I was actually doing quite OK-ish this year, after having struggled with self-worth, short depressive episodes and mild trauma in the recent past. But I noticed that I started to have trouble focusing again as the newness wore off after my career change. And I got called out by my friends for "acting ADHD". Which did not sound unusual at all.

So I got the referral, went through the intake with shrink 1, did an adult ADHD diagnosis with shrink 2. The diagnosis involved me and my mom answering questions about the presence of ADHD symptoms now and in my early childhood (5-12 yo). Basically, now I do have almost all of the characteristics, though they often are erratic (no problems studying, huge difficulties with household tasks, work productivity varies orders of magnitude day to day) and often not noticed by others (my average productivity in a month is great, though many days I feel shit due to not being able to do what I am supposed to).

In childhood, no symptoms were found. Zero. Partly because everyone in my family is forgetful and mom picks up stuff after everyone all the time, I was constantly reminded/pushed/supported and did not really have the opportunity to forget things (though I still did) and partly because like now, many of these things happen in my head and are not noticeable in the averages that others see. Except when I'm talking too much and interrupting people but I guess thats acceptable when children do it.

Maybe I don't have ADHD. Maybe it's something else. Maybe the shrink misunderstood me.

But I feel shit right now. The title is what I had pre-planned to say to people about the outcome and if they say again "don't act so ADHD". I can say it with a laugh and everyone thinks I'm funny and quirky.

But the truth is, I feel misunderstood. I feel like a failure for having fallen into an ADHD phenotype even though I am hugely privileged and have none of the baggage so many people here do. No childhood trauma, no school/grades problems, no poverty.

I can't help but feel that my behavior is my fault, as is wasting health professionals time, who could have helped someone who actually needed it. Shrink 1 is on "long-term sick leave" now. She got stressed by me clicking things constantly during the (remote) interviews. Another thing to feel guilty about.

Best case now is that they diagnose me with some sort of anxiety disorder now. I have been reading a book on autism that I found and it somewhat satisfies my yearning for closure and community in what the author finds, but it also makes it extra painful that I don't have that.

I don't have ADHD, I just am super annoying. And I need to deal with that and it's not actually all that funny.

I'm sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for sharing your stories and memes and goodbye!

submitted 8 months ago by F04118F@feddit.nl to c/emulation@lemmy.ml
[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 67 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Reminds me of that report from earlier this year, how Taliban former warriors were struggling with office work

https://time.com/6263906/taliban-afghanistan-office-work-quiet-quit/

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 65 points 10 months ago

Are you running for a seat in the European Parliament next year?

[-] F04118F@feddit.nl 50 points 1 year ago

But it is unlikely that UK supermarkets would follow in Carrefour's footsteps, according to retail expert Ged Futter, because the strategy risks "poisoning" relationships between retailers and food firms. "This is a very blunt way of of trying to compete," he said. "To do that with your manufacturers, it won't help."

One of the many reasons why consumer and worker's rights are doomed in the Anglo-Saxon world: standing up for them is "rude"

view more: next ›

F04118F

joined 1 year ago