[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 5 points 3 hours ago

Blocking incoming traffic and accepting outgoing traffic is usually the default for distributions anyway.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 1 points 16 hours ago

I'm not the creator of the survey, but I've just send them the link to this discussion on Mastodon, so they can take the feedback into account.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 2 points 16 hours ago

There's an issue with posts about which games work and which don't.

https://github.com/pop-os/cosmic-epoch/issues/311

COSMIC Alpha 2 Released (blog.system76.com)

cross-posted from: https://lemmy.ndlug.org/post/1167059

COSMIC’s Alpha 2 release builds upon that work with functionality built out for Files, additional Settings pages, considerable infrastructure work for screen reader support+, and some highly requested window management features. System76 is ecstatic at the level of excitement and collaboration so far with alpha testers and early app & applet developers, and we look forward to seeing what comes from these new additions.

The second COSMIC alpha will be released on September 26th. Those participating in Alpha 1 on Pop!_OS can simply update through the COSMIC App Store to transition. This alpha will be followed by monthly alpha releases until all core features have been built out.

More coverage:

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 3 points 22 hours ago

Thanks for the correction. It's a shame that sysadmins balcklist middle nodes too, since they won't see any TOR traffic originating from your IP address anyway.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 8 points 23 hours ago* (last edited 17 hours ago)

Make sure to not refresh the page, else it seems like all progress is lost.
I found out simultaneously that I enabled pull down to refresh the page in Firefox Android.

Edit: The survey wasn't created by me, I just shared it.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 9 points 1 day ago* (last edited 23 hours ago)

fclones is fast and supports hardlinking/softlinking of duplicates instead of removing them.

I've used it successfully to deduplicate my documents folder (and "archive").

As its quite the amount of data, I recommend using the --cache option to make subsequent runs way faster, if you want to dial in the options. This directory can be deleted at any point and isn't necessary.

https://github.com/pkolaczk/fclones

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 4 points 1 day ago

There's different types of relay, including exit relays, which are the legally problematic type. Middle, guard, and bridge relays don't face the same issues with law enforcement and IP blocking.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 5 points 1 day ago

Wenn wir von einer Geschwindigkeit von 150km/h ausgehen, wäre das ein Bremsweg von ungefähr (150 / 10) * (150 /10) = 225m.

Wenn jedes Kind ungefähr 30cm Platz braucht, wären das 218m an Kindern.

In dem Fall sind es sehr kleine Kinder, da sie durch den Aufprall das Auto nicht ausbremsen.

Mit der Dreifachen Geschwindigkeit an einem "Achtung Schulkinder"-Schild vorbeizufahren, ist doch noch im Rahmen.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 5 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

Ausnahme ist der Anbau von mehr als drei Pflanzen, der weiterhin Landwirten vorbehalten bleiben soll.

Werden Sorten aus dem Gemeinsamen Sortenkatalog von Personen angebaut, die nicht ein Unternehmen der Landwirtschaft sind, so stellt dies nicht den Anbau von Nutzhanf [...] dar und fällt damit unter den Begriff des Anbaus von Cannabis im Sinne [...] [des] KCanG.

D.h. beim privaten Anbau zählt CBD-Weed weiterhin zu den max. drei erlaubten Pflanzen, inklusive Schutzmaßnahmen vor Kindern etc.

Außerdem bleiben Nutzhanfextrakte mit mehr als 0,3% THC verboten, d.h. es gibt (zum Glück) kein Schlupfloch für Delta-8-THC o.ä.

Ich glaube, der Besitz von THC-armen Blütrn ist damit erlaubt, und sollte nicht zu den 50g dazuzählen - außer, es wird gerade privat angebaut. Was passiert, wenn die Polizei bei einem in der Tür steht, während man noch getrocknetes, THC-armes, Pflanzenmaterial herumliegen hat, kann ich nicht sagen.

submitted 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago) by Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de to c/nix@programming.dev
[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 11 points 2 days ago

Agreed. It seems like Nvidia is under pressure by their commercial customers for better, directly integrated open source drivers.

There is alot of demand for this kind of simplified virtualization infrastructure in the host side.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 23 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

It'd be great of this meant SR-IOV for all GPUs, but this seems like it only allows for sharing of a GPU to multiple guests. And even then, with most of the driver being on the GPU this might not help regular consumer GPUs at all (features being disabled in firmware). But I really don't know anything about what this actually means.

[-] Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de 17 points 2 days ago

He said somewhere that he did ask a top contributor if they care, and they didn't. He also said that he rewrote a bunch of code to be able to change the license.

I can't verify this, but it doesn't seem like he infringend on someones copyright. Small changes (e.g. a few lines) don't even (necessarily) qualify for copyright (just like the few sentences I wrote here likely don't).

submitted 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago) by Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de to c/linux_gaming@lemmy.world
The TTY demystified (2008) (www.linusakesson.net)

qBitController is a free and open-source app for controlling qBittorrent from an Android device.

submitted 2 months ago by Chewy7324@discuss.tchncs.de to c/linux@lemmy.ml

geteilt von: https://discuss.tchncs.de/post/19377025

[...] I announce that our move off of wlroots is now complete and MR 6608 is now merged.

view more: next ›

Chewy7324

joined 1 year ago