submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by Tastysnack@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net

Lol we live on a normal island with normal levels of self awareness πŸ™ƒ

torture-dance lmayo

top 22 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] JPAKx4@lemmy.sdf.org 27 points 1 year ago

"These artifacts are stolen!"

"Correct"

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

No no not like that!! rage-cry

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

"It belongs in a museum"
No fuck you Indiana Jones, it belongs to the people living there.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

Miniminutemen is one of my new favourite youtubers for having exactly the same take as you.

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

I was actually quoting Brennan Lee Mulligan, so you might enjoy him too.
"What we need is a reverse Indiana Jones that breaks into museum and fucks really old people".

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

Ooooo okies I'll give him a look πŸ‘€

That film would be fucking dope unironically.

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

If only I had the money to finance it. Would be rad as fuck.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

Like just make the new Indiana Jones movie where indy finally comes to terms with his liberalism and spends the movie stealing back all the great mcguffins from the first 4 movies to send back to their native lands.

Imagine the meltdown by Americans πŸ˜ƒ glorious

[-] Egon@hexbear.net 5 points 1 year ago

Lmao that would be great

[-] Smeagolicious@hexbear.net 2 points 1 year ago

Just that one cool bit of Black Panther

[-] fatboy93@lemm.ee 14 points 1 year ago

British museum is just the "accidental" offsite backup plan for a lot of history and cultural artefacts.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

Can't be destroyed during civil war we instigated if we steal the artifacts first smuglord

[-] Cigarette_comedian@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago
[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

A bunch of Chinese artifacts have been stolen from museums in the west in extremely sophisticated ways. Unfortunately, it’s likely a bunch of billionaires retrieving the artifacts for private collections or currying favors, so we won’t see them

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago

Call me a lib but does that actually happen?!

[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago
[-] kristina@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

incredibly fucking based if true

this fucking quote

The works that mean the most to the Chinese are the ones that left during the so-called Century of Humiliation

SO-CALLED

agony-deep

also their bits about chinese billionaires buying art for 69 million or whatever is very clearly money laundering

[-] CascadeOfLight@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

Also "the ones that left"

Oh boy those art pieces are heading out! Off they go! Just, disappearing off into the distance as the active agent in the sentence! shrug-outta-hecks

[-] VILenin@hexbear.net 8 points 1 year ago

The art just did that

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Wait are you telling me that Xi has assembled a rag tag group of professional thieves (Let's call them Xi's eleven) to steal back looted art from western countries taken through imperialism?

That sounds based as hell.

Do you think it could be a few rich folk near the cpc funding the heists and in a few years China will go "oh look at all these stolen treasures that were donated anonymously uwu" or is it just a couple of rich Chinese millionaires funding this to puff out their homes?

Edit: ah so I used puff in the sense to kit out and fill to breaking point their homes in treasure and then worried the word filter would grab it but it didn't. Admins/mods puff can be used as a slur for queer people in the UK, not sure if you wanna include that in the filter or not.

[-] mayo_cider@hexbear.net 7 points 1 year ago
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

Yet so so so so so so so so so so so so far πŸ˜”

this post was submitted on 26 Aug 2023
111 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
396 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS