3D Printing Setup (lemmy.world)

Here is my 3D Printing Setup. Anyone else on Lemmy Interested in 3D printing?

top 9 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Prismo@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

Currently up to 4 Ender 3 pro’s, (1 not pictured being repaired). All synced over repetier server on a raspberry pi, which was life changing! Running only 12 hours a day until I install the quiet motherboards and my wife lets me run them all night!

Great to see this community growing away from reddit!

[-] local_taxi_fix@lemmy.one 2 points 1 year ago

I'm running an Ender 3. Although through the 3.5 years I've had it it's had so many parts changed and upgraded it's turning into a real ship of Theseus. Upgraded the mobo, hotend, direct drive extruder, raspberry pi for octoprint, enclosure, and bltouch for bed leveling.

It's definitely been a rewarding hobby, learning to use fusion and building things from scratch.

[-] parcel@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

Mutant ender3 crew! I think the only original part left on mine are the axes and bed. I kept getting jams though, finally one that oozed out all over the heater block and it was just so frustrating to clean and reset all the time that I finally jumped on an ender3 s1 pro when I saw one for $300 on amazon. Does everything I upgraded my OG ender3 to do, and 🤞 no jams so far 🤞 !

Sometimes I wish I had just gotten something better to start with, but the experience of going through all those upgrades and truly learning how everything works was well worth the time, cost, and frustration.

[-] domi@lemmy.secnd.me 2 points 1 year ago

Of course! Just finished my Voron 2.4 build very recently. Lots of new stuff to see coming from a Prusa MK3S+.

[-] RGB@lemmyfi.com 2 points 1 year ago

Very nice! I've only got one and I need a more sturdy table since it gets rattled apart by the printer.

[-] Barbarian@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

Subscribed to pull your community into lemmy.ml, should show up if anyone searches for 3D printing now

[-] jonmardyla@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago

I didn’t know that’s how it worked. I appreciate it!

[-] Barbarian@lemmy.ml 1 points 1 year ago

Any user could just put in the full URL of your community to subscribe like I did, but this is a tumultuous time. Just trying to make things as easy as possible for the torrent of new users coming in :)

[-] Olgratin_Magmatoe@lemmy.world 1 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Here is my current setup. It's an old Ender 3, has a BLtouch, direct drive dual gear, all metal hot end, and an extension cable for the control panel. I have an adapter as well to use it as a plotter.

As with most 3D printers it seems, it is currently broken lmao.

this post was submitted on 04 Jun 2023
14 points (100.0% liked)

3DPrinting

15338 readers
221 users here now

3DPrinting is a place where makers of all skill levels and walks of life can learn about and discuss 3D printing and development of 3D printed parts and devices.

The r/functionalprint community is now located at: !functionalprint@kbin.social or !functionalprint@fedia.io

There are CAD communities available at: !cad@lemmy.world or !freecad@lemmy.ml

Rules

If you need an easy way to host pictures, https://catbox.moe may be an option. Be ethical about what you post and donate if you are able or use this a lot. It is just an individual hosting content, not a company. The image embedding syntax for Lemmy is ![](URL)

Moderation policy: Light, mostly invisible

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS