submitted 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago) by Tastysnack@hexbear.net to c/the_dunk_tank@hexbear.net

The associated news story highlighting he actually killed himself after having his care taken away from him by the state.

thonk

Lmao they dont even look after their own state enforcers amerikkka-clap

unless "used for copaganda" counts acab

all 41 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] mayo_cider@hexbear.net 62 points 1 year ago
[-] Zoift@hexbear.net 50 points 1 year ago

He was being disorderly!

[-] buh@hexbear.net 34 points 1 year ago

he did that anime/JRPG thing where you fight a shadow version of yourself, but he lost

[-] LaGG_3@hexbear.net 16 points 1 year ago

The Final Fantasy 4 fight where Cecil just has to mash the defend command against his shadow self to be reborn as a paladin, but this thumb-cop is mashing attack.

[-] ChillCapybara@discuss.tchncs.de 19 points 1 year ago

looks at mirror STOP RESISTING!

[-] ChillCapybara@discuss.tchncs.de 43 points 1 year ago

They also have ridiculous dog funerals for the k-9 units. Always framed as “good boy killed fighting bad guys” but usually it’s bc of cops just spraying bullets everywhere. This is how insecure people cope with their failings.

[-] BountifulEggnog@hexbear.net 42 points 1 year ago

The most common cause of death for active k9 dogs is being left in a hot car. Absolutely disgusting.

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 36 points 1 year ago

I hate the k-9 funerals because it's like stop exploiting animals as weapons to oppress others and then everyone's all "boohoo what a good pupper" and its like "no an animal was needlessly killed because the police exploited and weaponised it".

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Every police dog that is killed in the line of duty is an instance of animal abuse by the cops

[-] silent_water@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

the training is also animal abuse

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 9 points 1 year ago

☝️ this

[-] GreatWhiteNope@hexbear.net 6 points 1 year ago

Every police dog ~~that is killed in the line of duty~~ is an instance of animal abuse by the cops

[-] NoYouLogOff@hexbear.net 39 points 1 year ago
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

Omg I didn't know we had this emoji 😍

[-] LaGG_3@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

I feel like it was broken for a while and people forgot about it.

[-] Flinch@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago
[-] LaGG_3@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

Lmao it's too small on my phone to give that authentic experience

[-] SacredExcrement@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago

do-not-do-this

Also this one

[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

I have no doubts that having your brain eaten out by bacteria and being tossed aside by the state would make someone suicidal - I mean we’ve seen how the US treats its boots - but this part was interesting

Court records show Montgomery County Police Officer Thomas Bomba had gone to court against his department after he was infected with flesh-eating bacteria in a training incident and nearly died.

Now, colleagues are trying to understand why a young father and police officer would decide to take his own life.

There’s a non zero chance he was assassinated for being a nuisance and suing “one of his own”. The article even says he “allegedly” killed himself

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

Omg thats really tragic and sinister

[-] HumanBehaviorByBjork@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

what kind of "training incident" involves contracting flesh-eating bacteria? if i was feelin silly i would speculate on the use of bioweapons, but i know Montgomery County isn't quite on that level yet.

[-] axont@hexbear.net 16 points 1 year ago

My guess was some kind of training involving sea water. Piloting a boat or swimming. The water around NYC has the vibriosis bacteria in it.

[-] Fuckass@hexbear.net 3 points 1 year ago

It seems he just got a wound from someone hitting him and maybe the stick was never cleaned or he bathed in infected waters

[-] BodyBySisyphus@hexbear.net 37 points 1 year ago

Is it just me or is the "faithful unto death" motto generating a menacing vibe here?

[-] NoGodsNoMasters@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago

The fact it's Latin definitely ups the larp at least

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

One of us, one of us, one of us!

Sadly they aren't bound to never log off and post indefinitely. They are more about killing minorities 😔

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

I'm discovering all these new emojis palestine-strong

[-] footfaults@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago
[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

Smh now he's moved down to the losers bracket 😔

[-] WhatDoYouMeanPodcast@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

American healthcare killed a cop so it's impossible to say if the system is good or not

[-] RNAi@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

He looks like a bald teenager

[-] Tastysnack@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

Egg irl but not trans

[-] LeZero@hexbear.net 1 points 1 year ago

The thumb phenotype of the pig race

[-] infuziSporg@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

Tom Bomba

He was a merry fellow

Bright blue is is shirt, now his drawers are yellow

[-] regul@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago
[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 2 points 1 year ago

I know we always say they look like thumbs but this one might be the most thumb-looking yet.

this post was submitted on 24 Aug 2023
132 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
425 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS