submitted 7 months ago by zeusbottom@sh.itjust.works to c/cptsd@lemmy.ml

On Thursday, I met with a therapist who ran through the ACES inventory with me during our session.

It’s been a wild ride since then. Never have I felt so much validation and relief, and never have I wanted to get started with the healing process so much. At long last, there’s a name for what I’ve felt over the past 36 years, and more importantly there’s a treatment protocol.

I truly thought I was alone, especially after my encounter with a different therapist some 20 years ago. No one was talking about c-PTSD back then.

Yesterday I could hardly sleep, as it often happens. I let my emotional dysregulation (learned that has a name too!) run wild, intentionally, to pull together a list of all the traumas I faced. I could scarcely sleep until I had written everything down.

Just sharing my joy at being understood.

top 4 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] maxmalrichtig@discuss.tchncs.de 5 points 7 months ago

Happy for you. Wish you all the best and that this plays out well.

[-] squid_slime@lemmy.world 5 points 7 months ago

Join the cptsd discord it is linked on the cptsd reddit page, great people and lots of resources, good luck with your journey

[-] zeusbottom@sh.itjust.works 5 points 7 months ago

Thanks for mentioning it, I plan to join today!

[-] keefshape@lemmy.ca 4 points 7 months ago

Very glad to see this community sprout here. Love you all.

this post was submitted on 11 Feb 2024
21 points (95.7% liked)

CPTSD

288 readers
1 users here now

A place to talk about CPTSD.

1. No diagnosis checking is allowed, If someone says they have it, they have it. It's not your job to dig through someone's medical history. It's invalidating.

2. None of the very basic isms and phobias. Includes but not limited to racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, transphobia.

3. CW your post if it contains triggering topics. If you have to ask, just use a CW.

founded 2 years ago
MODERATORS