all 43 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] EmmaGoldman@hexbear.net 81 points 9 months ago

Libs and chuds in the replies frothing and downvoting anyone correctly pointing out that the US military said it was not a spy satellite when they shot it down.

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 44 points 9 months ago

The frothing is normal. If they happened to be frothing while downvoting, it is simple coincidence.

[-] sooper_dooper_roofer@hexbear.net 4 points 9 months ago

it's an attempt to create something literary for once by channeling Poe

[-] RyanGosling@hexbear.net 39 points 9 months ago

There were several incidents during the couple of weeks this was happening. The “intelligence” community kept fear mongering about China sending spy balloons and building facilities in Cuba. But the military would immediately say “none of this is accurate. We have no idea where you're getting these reports.”

[-] Yurt_Owl@hexbear.net 65 points 9 months ago

Couldn't be Comcast. The Chinese couldn't afford the bill. And the customer service they would have experienced would have forced them to change their communist ways....

I'm in absolute awe. I didn't realise they made people this stupid.

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 64 points 9 months ago

What are they talking about lmao. Comcast customer service is radicalizing. The opposite of what they are saying.

[-] Yurt_Owl@hexbear.net 53 points 9 months ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they thought Comcast was communist. I mean its got Com in it right?

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 51 points 9 months ago
[-] BountifulEggnog@hexbear.net 19 points 9 months ago

hexbear .net

Oh my god we are libs

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 12 points 9 months ago

Always have been

[-] privatized_sun@hexbear.net 14 points 9 months ago

Comcast customer service is radicalizing. The opposite of what they are saying.

PMC vs actual working class perspective on corpos

[-] quarrk@hexbear.net 16 points 9 months ago

I just realized they probably think communism is when the government is a capitalist monopoly

[-] eight@hexbear.net 64 points 9 months ago

which chinese spy balloon though? the one that was an 8th grade science club's project or one of the other ones?

[-] nothx@hexbear.net 49 points 9 months ago
[-] RyanGosling@hexbear.net 30 points 9 months ago

I can’t believe it’s been 8-9 years.

[-] stigsbandit34z@hexbear.net 21 points 9 months ago

Godamn I remember my parents getting so riled up about that

Death to America

[-] sooper_dooper_roofer@hexbear.net 8 points 9 months ago

how 2 piss off whyt 'people'

• build a balloon
  • build a clock
  • everything else
[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 7 points 9 months ago

If you Google lense this kid (i forgor) you get a bunch of Quora questions from chuds and reddit athiests asking why "liberals think Islam is above critcism".

[-] pooh@hexbear.net 51 points 9 months ago

Oh hey look, a bunch of reddit usernames that suspiciously fit a similar format

[-] FuckyWucky@hexbear.net 41 points 9 months ago

It's the default username generator on reddit.

[-] pooh@hexbear.net 50 points 9 months ago

Oh I know, but still weird there are that many accounts that can't pick a unique username, and they seem to congregate in threads where contentious political issues are being discussed.

[-] Frogmanfromlake@hexbear.net 44 points 9 months ago

I've gotten into a habit of translating Reddit threads like this into Mandarin and showing my Taiwanese friends. Most of them aren't fans of the PRC and even they find it funny at what Redditors believe while also getting turned off at the barely subtle racism. The women are always disgusted when they bring up their Chinese girlfriends/spouses as some sort of example of how brainwashed or "traumatized" the Chinese are.

[-] sooper_dooper_roofer@hexbear.net 11 points 9 months ago

the infinite source of global revolutionary potential is showing people what crackers say about them on the internet

[-] tactical_trans_karen@hexbear.net 42 points 9 months ago

That thread is filled to the brim with people who have no clue how telecommunications work, it's hilarious. The mental gymnastics they're pulling is beyond olympian level - "why was is designed to connect to American internet providers?!!". - mf doesn't understand the concept of designated radio bandwidth or pubic access points... Or maybe just paying for an international data service so they can send fucking weather data back home. Imagine the horror on their face if they went to China and they could connect to hotel guest WiFi - "the see see pee pee hacked muh fone!!!". 🤣🤣🤣

[-] Weedian@hexbear.net 18 points 9 months ago

Remember the congressman asking "can tick tock access the home wifi network?"

[-] autismdragon@hexbear.net 11 points 9 months ago

"Do you censor people for talking about the Weeger genocide"

[-] privatized_sun@hexbear.net 17 points 9 months ago

designated radio bandwidth

libertarian ham operators are fascist, probably

[-] InevitableSwing@hexbear.net 14 points 9 months ago

"Where is it now?"

"Near a place called Cactus, Washington and the weather is sunny. It's flying over a lake and... Wow."

"What?"

"Hooters. There's a girl sun bathing. Naked."

"Going into hover mode. Recording hyper-enhanced video by zooming in - to 25 million pixels per centimeter."

"How can you do all that? This is just a weather balloon - right? Haha. What are we using for quantum internet entanglement?"

"The local motel's wi-fi."

"The tech never has made any sense at all to me... Anyway - what's on the agenda today?"

"Before lunch - breaking into the NSA, the FBI, the CIA, American election systems also spreading disinformation, etc. After lunch - being generally evil. You know - the usual."

[-] Venus@hexbear.net 38 points 9 months ago

The one that they obliterated with goddamn missiles? Yeah sure whatever, and it was smuggling tons of illegal drugs and propaganda and also it was torturing puppies and also it was made of cheese. You can say anything about it at this point, it's all equally provable

[-] Kieselguhr@hexbear.net 19 points 9 months ago

it's worth noting: their super gundam trillion $ airforce missed the balloon with the first missile

[-] star_wraith@hexbear.net 36 points 9 months ago

They were calling it a “Chinese spy balloon” in the articles where the military/state dept was explicitly saying it wasn’t doing any spying.

[-] KatsInSpace@hexbear.net 34 points 9 months ago

"how could people believe such obvious lies"

" well yeah its a spy balloon, duh"

[-] SnowySkyes@hexbear.net 33 points 9 months ago

I hate this country and its inhabitants. This is so clearly an inflammatory piece meant to rile up the few remaining people that either care or believe that this thing existed for nefarious purposes. Go to hell state department.

[-] privatized_sun@hexbear.net 23 points 9 months ago

Chinese CCP communist party

[-] Kieselguhr@hexbear.net 15 points 9 months ago

Poe's law at work: some of them seem to think that rural chinese restuarants are involved in espionage

[-] frogbellyratbone_@hexbear.net 14 points 9 months ago

holy shit these tin foil ass comments

This was an overt act meant to grab the US military’s attention. IMO, this was just a probing attempt to see what our reaction was.

This is why I'm not that scared of China. Relaying information is a basic strategy here, especially for HAO. They essentially worsened our relationship with them, spent a ton of money, and got zero information in return.

[-] PaulSmackage@hexbear.net 8 points 9 months ago

400 dollar balloon vs 500,000 dollar missile thonk

[-] frogbellyratbone_@hexbear.net 3 points 9 months ago

i didn't even catch that part. if they didn't prefix it by talking about china it's impressive how much it applies to the US

[-] PaulSmackage@hexbear.net 4 points 9 months ago
[-] sooper_dooper_roofer@hexbear.net 3 points 9 months ago

every accusation is a confession

[-] ShimmeringKoi@hexbear.net 4 points 9 months ago* (last edited 9 months ago)

Well in that case it was a complete success, they found out we react to the slightest stimuli like paranoid, easily led dumbasses

this post was submitted on 29 Dec 2023
101 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
396 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS