I had downloaded it but never rebooted to update because I heard about some issues and decided to wait. Now it's saying I'm up to date with Android 13?

top 13 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] SquiffSquiff@lemmy.sdf.org 7 points 10 months ago

Yes the update most likely was withdrawn for people who had not yet installed it due to a significant issue affecting Pixel 6. You're missing absolutely nothing of value on Android 13 in the meantime

[-] netwren@lemmy.world 6 points 10 months ago

Wow no responses. Pixel 7 pro here.

Still on Android 14. Not recalled yet for me fyi

[-] Die4Ever@programming.dev 8 points 10 months ago

I wouldn't expect them to recall it from users who already installed (I think Android downgrades are tricky), but I only downloaded the update and never installed it (never rebooted for it)

[-] deadcatbounce@reddthat.com 1 points 10 months ago

Ditto [UK EE]

Haven't been allowed to download the November patches yet.

[-] avidamoeba@lemmy.ca 2 points 10 months ago

It's not impossible. The update isn't set in stone until you reboot into the Android UI. Prior to reboot it can be discarded trivially. Post reboot but prior to starting up the Android UI, it can be rolled back.

[-] Die4Ever@programming.dev 1 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

yes would be easy for them to do, I just don't think I've seen Google do this before

[-] avidamoeba@lemmy.ca 2 points 10 months ago

It would be interesting to see if it's an actual cloud-controlled recall feature or whether it's something simpler like timed expiry of an installed but not activated update. Haven't dug into update_engine for that. Could also be in the upper updater layer, outside of update_engine.

[-] adlr@lemmy.world 4 points 10 months ago

At least on Chrome OS, update engine does have a recall feature. The server can say, "if you've downloaded and installed an update and you're waiting to boot into it, cancel it and stick with what you have"

[-] oleorun@real.lemmy.fan 2 points 10 months ago

One issue I've had since updating is that people can't hear me on outgoing calls sometimes unless I reboot.

Strange thing is that the proximity sensor would also not disable the display during a call as it was set to.

[-] shitwolves@lemmynsfw.com 2 points 10 months ago

I've downloaded the update but I have not yet rebooted. Does anyone know how to delete the update package? I'm afraid I'll end up having to reboot at some point because of a crash or running out of battery. Pixel 5a

[-] ElPussyKangaroo@lemdro.id 1 points 10 months ago

I don't think you'll be booted into A14 unless you initiate installation...

[-] Tb0n3@sh.itjust.works 1 points 10 months ago

I primarily flash from factory images because I'm rooted and it's a pain. They still have the Android 14 images up from October to November.

https://developers.google.com/android/images

[-] fishos@lemmy.world 1 points 10 months ago* (last edited 10 months ago)

Same issue occured with me. Downloaded 14 but never got around to install. Just checked and I'm "up to date" on Android 13. Pixel 6 Pro.

this post was submitted on 07 Nov 2023
28 points (100.0% liked)

Google Pixel

1396 readers
2 users here now

The home of /r/GooglePixel on Lemmy and the Fediverse!

The place for everything related to Google Pixel devices, including news, reviews, tips, tutorials, rooting, and app discussions.

!googlepixel@lemdro.id

Rules

1. Stay on topic: all posts should be related to Google Pixel devices.
  2. No offensive/low-effort content: avoid posting offensive or low-effort content that does not contribute positively to the community.
  3. No self-promotional spam: active community members are welcome to post their apps but should also participate in comments and discussions. Please do not post links to your own website, YouTube channel, or blog.
  4. No reposts/rehosted content: whenever possible, submit original sources. If the original source is not available in English, you may provide a translation. Reposts of the same content are not allowed.
  5. No editorializing titles: when submitting articles, do not change the titles. You may add the author's name if it is relevant.
  6. No piracy: sharing or discussing pirated content is strictly prohibited.
  7. No unauthorized polls/bots/giveaways: please do not create unauthorized polls, use bots, or organize giveaways without proper authorization.
  8. No affiliate links: posting affiliate links is not allowed.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS