When I am cooking, I have trained myself to set a timer for 10 minutes.

My rule for cooking is "don't leave the kitchen", but that isn't realistic. I wander without realizing. It's an issue. I've been in another room and the timer has gone off and I'm like,"Oh fuck!". I completely spaced it.

Anyway, when the timer goes, I set another timer for 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat until the stove is off.

top 3 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] markovianparallax@lemmy.world 7 points 1 year ago

omg yes. When I'm making something and I suddenly have to pee the fear sets in that if I go pee I'll wander off and forget I was ever making something. I swear I'll start cooking, get distracted by needing to pee, while peeing remember something I need to do on my computer, while on my computer get distracted by my cat wanting food and end up back in the kitchen because I went to go grab my cat a snack and I'm like OH RIGHT.

I don't know how I ever get anything done.

[-] Reyali@lemm.ee 5 points 1 year ago

Great tip! I basically do the same, and I love that Apple Watch’s timer feature has a repeat button whenever the timer goes off. My watch is always counting down when I’m cooking something.

[-] Awthatsnotright@lemmy.world 2 points 1 year ago

This is good advice. I will put this into practice. Also helpful then watering the garden (drip irrigation). I’ve accidentally left it on all night!

this post was submitted on 16 Jul 2023
42 points (97.7% liked)

ADHD Women

1896 readers
1 users here now

A community for women to find support and discuss living with ADHD.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS