top 50 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] flan@hexbear.net 76 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

The guy is a co-founder of Bain Capital, how do you come to the conclusion that this guy isn't willing to do literally anything for a dump truck full of money?

[-] Llituro@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago

he's l'wholesome mormon dontcha know

load more comments (1 replies)
[-] Magician@hexbear.net 54 points 1 year ago

You can be one of the most powerful Republicans in the country and all you have to do to get a lib's approval is say 'trump bad'. Is this intellectual dishonesty or just intellectual non-existence?

[-] FunkyStuff@hexbear.net 38 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

This is the logical conclusion of only ever participating in politics within the extremely narrow range of contradictory positions that the public is offered.

[-] emizeko@hexbear.net 54 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

did you know that Mitt Romney gives 47 percent of his income to the Islamic Republic of Iran? google "mitt romney 47 percent"

[-] citrussy_capybara@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

🆒🇺🇲📠

[-] Frank@hexbear.net 53 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

Fucking libs being like "Well I don't agree with anything he ever said or did but by jingo I respect him as a person".

Chapo's whole "name your enemies" thing was very important for my development in to the burning cinder of hatred I am today.

Someone was telling me how great John McCain was bc he dissed trump and I'm just like my brother in christ he set children on fire from the safety of the sky idgaf that he was mean to the real estate buffoon.

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 50 points 1 year ago

Liberal dems are an inch away from liberal republicans. Trump not following the usual kayfabe is their problem with him.

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

Liberals were happy enough to get their hate-on against George Bush and Dick Cheney when they were in office. Its only after leaving office that they got hagiographies and a proper white-washing. That's instrumental in the "We may be facing the last election of our lives! Vote like your lives depend on it!" electoralist hysteria.

You need to purge people's brains of the transient follies of the last administration in order to convince them that this time is the MOST IMPORTANT moment of their lives. We aren't living in an era of decline. We're always at a tipping point and only you can help please send $15.

[-] PKMKII@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

That’s what a lot of them are, Republicans who got alienated from the GOP due to the neocons implosion and the religious right’s fanaticism and went to the Dems.

[-] Awoo@hexbear.net 22 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

It's not that. They were always an inch away. Obama himself admits that he would have been a republican when Reagan was in power.

https://streamable.com/96hzuk

[-] sharkfucker420@lemmy.ml 43 points 1 year ago

Jesus Christ any more concessions and I'd think it to be satire

[-] Magician@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

That instance has more concessions and projection than an IMAX theater.

[-] sharkfucker420@lemmy.ml 22 points 1 year ago

That was the instance I made my first account on actually. I wonder what makes it so attractive to shit takes

[-] silent_water@hexbear.net 14 points 1 year ago

it's in the name. and also a mod team that's very comfortable with fash shit.

[-] Mardoniush@hexbear.net 40 points 1 year ago

My god. If these guys caved any faster we could send them to rescue lost thai children.

[-] grey_wolf_whenever@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

Why do they feel the need to do this?

[-] Tachanka@hexbear.net 30 points 1 year ago

civility fetishism brainworms (if we're rude to our enemies that makes us just as bad as them) + sincere ideological overlap (bourgeois class consciousness, racism, imperialism, colonialism, liberalism as diet fascism).

[-] RustyVenture@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago

Because it’s going on their permanent record if they don’t.

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] krolden@lemmy.ml 28 points 1 year ago

Ive heard liberals say the same thing about gwbush. Its really insane

[-] HarryLime@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago

You can say whatever you want about him, but one thing I'm fairly certain is that at the end of the day Mitt Romney had binders full of women.

[-] infuziSporg@hexbear.net 12 points 1 year ago

He had binders full of corporations that presented as female.

Corporations are people, my friend.

[-] footfaults@hexbear.net 28 points 1 year ago

Where was this person in 2012?

[-] duderium@hexbear.net 33 points 1 year ago

Romney was absolutely enemy number one at the time, and liberals were making fun of him because he called Russia a threat to the USA, if any younger folks reading this can believe it.

[-] Adkml@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago

Honestly I think that's a big part of why he's a liberal darling he was on that cold war shit even before them.

[-] GrumpigPoopBalls@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

this is super true, every time an article about him is posted on r/politics (which i still look at occasionally when i want to read 17 straight "trump is finished for real this time" op eds) there's always at least one comment talking about how he tried to warn us about putler

[-] ClimateChangeAnxiety@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

I was very much not old enough to care about politics at the time and even I remember that

[-] LaGG_3@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

In 6th grade

[-] BelieveRevolt@hexbear.net 27 points 1 year ago

Mitt Romney cared about the average American

No, he didn't. He said 47% of Americans are basically worthless.

I’m also not saying he didn’t attempt to make himself and those around him stupid rich, but that he wasn’t going to do so by throwing everyone and everything out the window to obtain it

Attempt? He did do that, and you don't realize you don't become that rich by not being a horrible person because you're a lib.

[-] Civility@hexbear.net 25 points 1 year ago
[-] giantfloppycock@lemm.ee 24 points 1 year ago

I’m not saying he didn’t kill puppies with his bare hands for fun, but he did so with the intention to help out his fellow American countrymen so I really can’t help but respect the guy.

[-] Weedian@hexbear.net 26 points 1 year ago

he did drive with his dog strapped to the roof of his car though

[-] zifnab25@hexbear.net 24 points 1 year ago
[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 10 points 1 year ago

During the 650-mile (1,050 km) trip, Seamus got diarrhea. The Romneys were first alerted to the Irish Setter’s bowel issues when Tagg noticed brown liquid pouring down the back window, followed immediately by him and his younger brothers yelling in disgust. Romney stopped at a gas station to wash the dog, the carrier, and the car. With Seamus back in the carrier, the family continued on their way.

How are politicians real? bruh-moment

[-] betelgeuse@hexbear.net 21 points 1 year ago

I don't know what policies he supported or what his past is or who he is as a person. I just know he has a square head and a neat haircut and wears a suit and speaks a certain way. That's what I respect about him. We need more people like that in office. They are noble opponents.

[-] WeedReference420@hexbear.net 20 points 1 year ago

How did Mitt Romney come anywhere close to caring about the average American lmao

[-] Grayox@lemmy.ml 16 points 1 year ago

Because he is a Neoliberal and not a mask off Fascist. Not that he did anything to stop the rising tide of Fascism, he is a Neoliberal after all..

[-] Teekeeus@hexbear.net 19 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

No successful politician in the international community cares about anything other than their personal career and wealth. They literally have no beliefs or principles

load more comments (3 replies)
[-] ClimateChangeAnxiety@hexbear.net 18 points 1 year ago

First of all that’s blatantly false, but even if it wasn’t, that’s worse!

I’d rather the man who does evil as a selfish cynic than the man who does evil genuinely believing he’s making the world a better place. The first one will screw people over to make him and his friends richer, the second will round up all the undesirables.

[-] stigsbandit34z@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

Just really goes to show that actions mean shit when you can get on a liberal’s good side with nothing but flowery words

[-] citrussy_capybara@hexbear.net 17 points 1 year ago

smdh @ people ITT not giving the author of obama-spikecare his credit

[-] Maoo@hexbear.net 15 points 1 year ago

Love it when my ruthless overlords are polite. Just makes my day.

[-] SpiderFarmer@hexbear.net 13 points 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure he had some choice words about poor elderly people back in the day when ranting about certain welfare policies. Heck, it was played ad infinitum to drive home what a piece of shit he was.

[-] IHaveTwoCows@lemm.ee 12 points 1 year ago

"Look at how civil we is!!"

Say what you will about our past enemies, but they weren’t ontologically evil like our current enemies.

[-] NewLeaf@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago* (last edited 1 year ago)

You know how we're waiting for boomers to die? Now we have to wait out trump derangement syndrome millennial libs.

Fan fucking tastic.

These people can't even remember as far back as the 2012 election where Romney was the most evil man ever™

[-] ZapataCadabra@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

Did he even do a full term as Senator? What a soggy slice of toast.

[-] MerryChristmas@hexbear.net 11 points 1 year ago

Now ask him his thoughts on Stalin.

load more comments
view more: next ›
this post was submitted on 14 Sep 2023
139 points (100.0% liked)

the_dunk_tank

15892 readers
396 users here now

It's the dunk tank.

This is where you come to post big-brained hot takes by chuds, libs, or even fellow leftists, and tear them to itty-bitty pieces with precision dunkstrikes.

Rule 1: All posts must include links to the subject matter, and no identifying information should be redacted.

Rule 2: If your source is a reactionary website, please use archive.is instead of linking directly.

Rule 3: No sectarianism.

Rule 4: TERF/SWERFs Not Welcome

Rule 5: No ableism of any kind (that includes stuff like libt*rd)

Rule 6: Do not post fellow hexbears.

Rule 7: Do not individually target other instances' admins or moderators.

Rule 8: The subject of a post cannot be low hanging fruit, that is comments/posts made by a private person that have low amount of upvotes/likes/views. Comments/Posts made on other instances that are accessible from hexbear are an exception to this. Posts that do not meet this requirement can be posted to !shitreactionariessay@lemmygrad.ml

Rule 9: if you post ironic rage bait im going to make a personal visit to your house to make sure you never make this mistake again

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS