submitted 8 hours ago by DeadWorld@lemm.ee to c/world@lemmy.world
top 21 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Dadifer@lemmy.world 5 points 1 hour ago

Immigrants, amirite?

[-] Blizzard@lemmy.zip 17 points 3 hours ago
[-] cheese_greater@lemmy.world 13 points 3 hours ago

This is conjecture but don't Teslas record everything around them. Couldn't that be a form of distributed surveillance/botnet or something?

[-] stormeuh@lemmy.world 3 points 1 hour ago

Even if Tesla itself doesn't do that, it's something to be concerned about in case a vulnerability is found that allows remote access to the camera's (or worse any local video recordings that may exist).

[-] iAvicenna@lemmy.world 74 points 6 hours ago

more concerning is that he has the mental maturity of a five year old. If CEOs pressing the nuclear missile buttons in the Fallout series seemed like an exaggeration, look at Elon and think again.

[-] Kyrgizion@lemmy.world 20 points 6 hours ago

Vault Tec starting the war was by far the most realistic part of the story. Even when it was revealed in the games, long before the series, my reaction was "Duh".

[-] mistermanko@lemmy.world 12 points 4 hours ago

According to the games it was China that started the Great War. In the TV series, they hinted at plans of VaulTec to profit off of their vaults with starting off the war with a first strike.

[-] Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world 7 points 2 hours ago

In the TV series, they hinted at plans of VaulTec to profit off of their vaults with starting off the war with a first strike.

HINTED? They flat out SHOWED it happening!

[-] prole@lemmy.blahaj.zone 1 points 1 hour ago* (last edited 1 hour ago)

Yeah I was gonna say... I remember playing that DLC set in Alaska (or like a simulation of the battle that took place in Alaska?) where they talk about China striking first.

That DLC was dope.

[-] clutchtwopointzero@lemmy.world 25 points 6 hours ago

Yup, and yet america will not do anything

[-] Burn_The_Right@lemmy.world 9 points 5 hours ago
[-] GhiLA@sh.itjust.works 1 points 43 minutes ago

Two already tried.

(I know, I know)

[-] TheBat@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago

Meddlesome ~~priest~~ CEO

[-] Mannimarco@lemmy.world 4 points 4 hours ago

Looking into this

[-] TimeNaan@lemmy.world 15 points 7 hours ago
[-] TheBat@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago
[-] LucidNightmare@lemm.ee 3 points 1 hour ago

It’s how Elongated Muskrat spreads his dumbass conspiracy theories.

Elongated Muskrat posts an obviously fake picture of something that dumbasses will latch on to with no second thought “Concerning” or “This needs to be looked at”

[-] random_character_a@lemmy.world 1 points 5 hours ago

The whole country is conserning

this post was submitted on 27 Sep 2024
310 points (99.1% liked)

World News

38627 readers
2770 users here now

A community for discussing events around the World

Rules:

We ask that the users report any comment or post that violate the rules, to use critical thinking when reading, posting or commenting. Users that post off-topic spam, advocate violence, have multiple comments or posts removed, weaponize reports or violate the code of conduct will be banned.

All posts and comments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. This means that some content that violates the rules may be allowed, while other content that does not violate the rules may be removed. The moderators retain the right to remove any content and ban users.

Lemmy World Partners

News !news@lemmy.world

Politics !politics@lemmy.world

World Politics !globalpolitics@lemmy.world

Recommendations

For Firefox users, there is media bias / propaganda / fact check plugin.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/media-bias-fact-check/

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS