submitted 9 hours ago* (last edited 9 hours ago) by threelonmusketeers@sh.itjust.works to c/lotrmemes@midwest.social
top 5 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] ShortN0te@lemmy.ml 4 points 4 hours ago

So basically the 4k remaster is not a remaster. I am disappointed.

[-] sxan@midwest.social -1 points 2 hours ago

I hate videos that could have been articles (talking heads), and I did not watch this.

However, I have an opinion: in probably countless ways.

1. 3D-ification, which is already a thing
  2. AI-powered user interaction with the film, a-la camera control
  3. Upscaling to 128k resolution, whenever that becomes common
  4. Immersion. Be one of the characters (although, this might just be a variation on #2)

As deep learning hardware and software improves and gets cheaper, I expect doing any or all of these to become increasingly common, and far cheaper than buying the IP and reshooting it, and studios will turn to these as cheap ways to milk the cash cow. Someone will inevitably film another re-imagining, whether with real people or (eventually) entirely deep learning from script to direction to actors; but that won't stop copyright holders of a given film from trying ways to get people to rebuy new versions of old films.

[-] threelonmusketeers@sh.itjust.works 15 points 9 hours ago

I came across this interesting video and thought folks here might enjoy it as well. I was not aware of the changes between the DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4K releases.

[-] smeg@feddit.uk 7 points 6 hours ago

I was getting ready to be annoyed by this not being a meme, then found myself fascinated by a twenty minute video about something I'd never even considered!

[-] maniacalmanicmania@aussie.zone 5 points 7 hours ago

It makes me sad too Sam.

this post was submitted on 27 Sep 2024
36 points (90.9% liked)

Lord of the memes

7851 readers
694 users here now

The Lord of the rings memes communitiy on Lemmy. Share memes about Lord of the rings and be respectful.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS