submitted 19 hours ago by simple@lemm.ee to c/games@lemmy.world
top 6 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Novamdomum@fedia.io 11 points 16 hours ago

I really, really wanted to like this game. I love the look and feel of it so much but I just needed a clearer bit of hand holding to figure out what I was supposed to do. It's so open ended and I could never really tell if I was on the right track. I love the idea of crawling through vents, interrogating people, sneaking about and putting together pieces of evidence but it was just too overwhelming for me. I wish there was a guide that just explained simply how you're supposed to play but I haven't found one yet.

[-] yokonzo@lemmy.world 9 points 16 hours ago

I mean they have made it a bit more player friendly through the updates, theyve even added an auto-route that walks you to the place you set in your map. But you do have a point, though that's what a lot of people love about the game, it's just you, in a big city, grasping at straws and trying to figure things out any way you can

[-] BaroqueInMind@lemmy.one 6 points 15 hours ago* (last edited 15 hours ago)

I thought that was the entire point of this game, which is the primary reason I buy games like this and Elden Ring/Dark Souls/Dwarf Fortress/ETC: I am a fucking grown adult and don't need to be spoon-fed shit to me in a video game that was built as a sandbox, just shut up and let me break the shit you created in there and if I need to find help, the entire fucking internet already made content about how to solve it before the game was even released

[-] NuXCOM_90Percent@lemmy.zip 1 points 11 hours ago

Different people like different games.

But SoD is very much built around that sandbox style gameplay. Your guide is how you connect the evidence of whatever crime you are investigating.

That said: I think the tutorial is "a lot" but it is well worth doing at least a good chunk of it. They do a great job of teaching you the basic steps for how to investigate a murder and what to do next.

[-] Novamdomum@fedia.io 1 points 15 minutes ago

Thanks for that. I might give it another go. I have ADHD and I wonder if that also doesn't help because remembering a lot of names and details is hard for me. My short term memory is really only reliable until I see any random shiny thing. I tried using the evidence board to track literally everything I saw but it quickly became way too ovewhelming. I'll give it another go though I think.

[-] Godnroc@lemmy.world 4 points 18 hours ago

Awesome, that game was quite fun in early access. I'll have to install it again.

this post was submitted on 26 Sep 2024
68 points (95.9% liked)

Games

31886 readers
2990 users here now

Welcome to the largest gaming community on Lemmy! Discussion for all kinds of games. Video games, tabletop games, card games etc.

Weekly Threads:

What Are You Playing?

The Weekly Discussion Topic

Rules:

1. Submissions have to be related to games

2. No bigotry or harassment, be civil

3. No excessive self-promotion

4. Stay on-topic; no memes, funny videos, giveaways, reposts, or low-effort posts

5. Mark Spoilers and NSFW

6. No linking to piracy

More information about the community rules can be found here.

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS