Shout out to our "new" browsing heros and heroines. Sorry about all the shit you've stepped in.

top 15 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] SeanBrently@lemm.ee 1 points 10 hours ago

I keep it on new.

[-] Flaqueman@sh.itjust.works 6 points 17 hours ago

"New" because within 30s of browsing "hot" I reach the post from the day before that I've already seen. There's just not enough content here on Lemmy

[-] saigot@lemmy.ca 1 points 13 hours ago

I like hot.

What I seem to miss is that there is a controversial sort, but not a controversial sort with a time range like there is for top. When a big event happened on that other site I would check out "controversial - last day" to see what the dissenting narrative was

[-] ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone 1 points 13 hours ago

Subscribed - Scaled, followed by Subscribed - New, followed by All - Scaled

Though I'm currently testing out Quiblr, to see how its custom feed works for me.

[-] Drusas@fedia.io 1 points 15 hours ago

I browse hot all most of the time and new all the rest of the time.

[-] Cowbee@lemmy.ml 4 points 22 hours ago

On my Hexbear account, New and Local, on Lemmy.ml New and Active, usually Local. There's enough content but not too much when sorting that way.

[-] Sundial@lemm.ee 6 points 1 day ago

My default sort is new since a majority of the posts in my feed are news articles and I like to see them as they happen.

My other method is scaled so that I can make sure I see what's rising/popular in a balanced way so that I also see the smaller communities contributions.

[-] andrewta@lemmy.world 5 points 23 hours ago
[-] 10_0@lemmy.ml 4 points 22 hours ago
[-] frauddogg@hexbear.net 3 points 21 hours ago

Sort by new, always.

[-] xmunk@sh.itjust.works 2 points 21 hours ago

New, it let's me read the articles that communities downvote because they don't like the facts of the article.

[-] slazer2au@lemmy.world 1 points 21 hours ago

New local till I hit the end, after that new all.

[-] scytale@lemm.ee 1 points 22 hours ago

Hot, then Top 6 Hours, then Scaled.

[-] schnurrito@discuss.tchncs.de 1 points 1 day ago

I recently switched to "new comments". That ensures I get a healthy mix of new and old, and get to see as many different threads as I can.

[-] Darkassassin07@lemmy.ca 1 points 1 day ago

Depends on where I'm scrolling and how long.

In a specific community? Usually sorted by 'new'.

'Subscribed'/'All' feeds? Generally starting with 'Hot' then moving to 'new' if I start to run into a bunch of content I've already seen.

this post was submitted on 26 Sep 2024
15 points (100.0% liked)

Asklemmy

43454 readers
1365 users here now

A loosely moderated place to ask open-ended questions

Search asklemmy ๐Ÿ”

If your post meets the following criteria, it's welcome here!

1. Open-ended question
  2. Not offensive: at this point, we do not have the bandwidth to moderate overtly political discussions. Assume best intent and be excellent to each other.
  3. Not regarding using or support for Lemmy: context, see the list of support communities and tools for finding communities below
  4. Not ad nauseam inducing: please make sure it is a question that would be new to most members
  5. An actual topic of discussion

Looking for support?

Looking for a community?

~Icon~ ~by~ ~@Double_A@discuss.tchncs.de~

founded 5 years ago
MODERATORS