submitted 1 day ago by 101@feddit.org to c/technology@lemmy.world
top 10 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] nutsack@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago

I thought the United States government was going to block this app? what happened

[-] Cocodapuf@lemmy.world 5 points 5 hours ago* (last edited 5 hours ago)

I have anecdotal evidence that people get misinformation from tiktok.

My son in law (who unfortunately lives with us, but that's another rant) was telling me about a third assassination plot against Donald Trump. He wanted to show me this tiktok with the news. I was able to inform him that these rumors weren't accurate, and he quickly confirmed that.

But I only knew to question his assertion because i'd already seen news here on Lemmy that there were debunked rumors of another assassination plot. That is to say, Lemmy never pushed the tumor as news, but rather only reported about the already debunked rumors continuing to circulate. The disinformation continuing to spread was the interesting news on Lemmy.

[-] Fredselfish@lemmy.world 1 points 1 hour ago* (last edited 1 hour ago)

The Company I work has a division that is top secret and we have no clue the client all we do know is they are on TikTok all day.

[-] 299792458ms@lemmy.zip 44 points 1 day ago

TikTok Videos Spread Misinformation ~~to New Migrant Community in New York City.~~

This is not news.

[-] technocrit@lemmy.dbzer0.com 11 points 23 hours ago* (last edited 22 hours ago)

~~TikTok~~ Videos Spread Misinformation ~~to New Migrant Community in New York City.~~

This is not news.

But any story that blames only TikTok is highly sus.

And yep here it is...

An industry of highly coordinated smuggling organizations are using social media apps like TikTok to promise seamless travel services...

[-] daniskarma@lemmy.dbzer0.com 4 points 21 hours ago

I have been without seeing tv news for many years now. I get my news in written format.

Everytime I stumble onto some video I don't understand how people don't understand all the million manipulations that are present in every single second of video.

Text is also manipulated but it is way easier to read over the manipulations, to fact check and to collect different sources of information.

[-] mriormro@lemmy.world 18 points 1 day ago

Can TikTok just fuck off already?

[-] TheDarksteel94@sopuli.xyz 1 points 4 hours ago

But what about muh brainrot?

this post was submitted on 26 Sep 2024
120 points (94.8% liked)

Technology

58269 readers
4971 users here now

This is a most excellent place for technology news and articles.

Our Rules

1. Follow the lemmy.world rules.
  2. Only tech related content.
  3. Be excellent to each another!
  4. Mod approved content bots can post up to 10 articles per day.
  5. Threads asking for personal tech support may be deleted.
  6. Politics threads may be removed.
  7. No memes allowed as posts, OK to post as comments.
  8. Only approved bots from the list below, to ask if your bot can be added please contact us.
  9. Check for duplicates before posting, duplicates may be removed

Approved Bots

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS