submitted 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago) by stonefruit@hexbear.net to c/news@hexbear.net

Sorry if this was already shared, I just joined recently. But holy shit. See Video Here

top 43 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 94 points 3 days ago

It reminds me of the time a senator repeatedly accused the Tiktok CEO if being Chinese while he repeatedly told him he's Singaporean. American politicians are a bunch of racist clowns.

[-] ClimateChangeAnxiety@hexbear.net 22 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

~~Same Senator!~~

I was wrong

[-] Zuzak@hexbear.net 28 points 3 days ago

I thought the senator from the other time was Tom Cotton?

[-] ClimateChangeAnxiety@hexbear.net 26 points 3 days ago

You’re totally right. Kennedy is the one that said “What does yada yada yada mean?” in the tiktok hearings.

[-] anarcho_blinkenist@hexbear.net 13 points 3 days ago

Sen. Kennedy confirmed not a Seinfeld watcher

[-] RION@hexbear.net 17 points 3 days ago

Yeah it was

[-] Tom742@hexbear.net 59 points 3 days ago

A hearing into hate crimes? The call is coming from inside the house?

[-] SSJMarx@lemm.ee 2 points 2 days ago

:padme-1: We're investigating the sudden rise in hate crimes against Asian-Americans, right?

:anakin-1:

:padme-2: ...we're investigating the sudden rise in hate crimes against Asian-Americans, right?

[-] miz@hexbear.net 43 points 3 days ago

this is the senate actually theory-gary

[-] bunnygirl@hexbear.net 50 points 3 days ago

[...] so, no, sir.

you can't bring yourself to say no, can you?

😂
deeply unserious country

[-] heggs_bayer@hexbear.net 31 points 3 days ago

Do YoU sUpPoRt UnWrA? dO yOu SuPpOrt HAM ASS?

I was very clear in my support for UNWRA.

[-] miz@hexbear.net 12 points 3 days ago
[-] RomCom1989@hexbear.net 48 points 3 days ago

He should hide his head in a guillotine

[-] robinnist@hexbear.net 49 points 3 days ago

People are saying she didn’t answer the question I can’t take it anymore.

[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 55 points 3 days ago

yeonmi-park And in bad country every official must vocally condemn the enemy before giving a statement, even if it has nothing to do with the current meeting.

[-] Homer_Simpson@hexbear.net 32 points 3 days ago

She should have refused to answer it tbh.

That comment section was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in weeks. Like holy shit that was worse than Facebook comments. I don’t know how these people manage to keep themselves fed and bathed.

[-] HexReplyBot@hexbear.net 3 points 3 days ago

I found a YouTube link in your comment. Here are links to the same video on alternative frontends that protect your privacy:

[-] GenderIsOpSec@hexbear.net 30 points 3 days ago

it was a hate crimes hearing so the-republican thought he would let everyone hear some hate crimes

[-] mathemachristian@hexbear.net 9 points 3 days ago

Literally the guy in the story right? I mean that picture is literally him?

[-] GenderIsOpSec@hexbear.net 16 points 3 days ago

if i remember rightly someone put all of the sitting democrats the-democrat and all the republicans the-republican into an algorithm that fused all the faces together and shat out those two monstrosities. so yes, it is partly him dubois-finger-guns

[-] mathemachristian@hexbear.net 7 points 3 days ago

There needs to be a big post with the story behind most of these emojis

[-] GenderIsOpSec@hexbear.net 11 points 3 days ago

Noooooooooo~oooooooooo~ that knowledge is only for the ancient ones to know and to spread to the young ones theory-gary

[-] FourteenEyes@hexbear.net 51 points 3 days ago
[-] SorosFootSoldier@hexbear.net 52 points 3 days ago

Blud said "nuh-uh" to wearing the mask, we mask off today.

[-] GrouchyGrouse@hexbear.net 45 points 3 days ago
[-] RION@hexbear.net 41 points 3 days ago
[-] vegeta1@hexbear.net 26 points 3 days ago

Is that poop coming from his chin i-cant

[-] MaoTheLawn@hexbear.net 41 points 3 days ago

holy fuck

death to America

[-] dRLY@hexbear.net 31 points 3 days ago

"Do you support Hamas?"

"I do not support Hamas."

"WHY CAN'T YOU SAY THAT YOU DON'T SUPPORT HAMAS?!?!?!"

I hope that he is given the same treatment that the IOF has given so many Palestinians when the revolution comes.

I understand why they don’t do it but I really want to see people start responding to that shit with “Yes, I support Hamas in their efforts to protect Gaza from Israel. Hamas has a right to defend itself.”

Honestly, I think condemning Hamas in these situations is a mistake. It starts you on the back foot, accepting their framing of the situation. No, I do not condemn Hamas, or their actions on October 7th, for the same reason I would not condemn the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.

[-] dRLY@hexbear.net 2 points 2 days ago

You are not wrong and I agree 100%. It doesn't seem to change things with regards to the fascists anyway.

Exactly. No matter how many times you say, “No, I don’t support Hamas” they hear yes anyway, they don’t accept no as an answer, so condemning Hamas is just giving the fash more ammo.

[-] heatenconsumerist@hexbear.net 38 points 3 days ago

Jesus Christ

[-] anarchoilluminati@hexbear.net 21 points 3 days ago

Should've asked his cracker ass if he supports the KKK and the Nazi Party.

He wouldn't be able to bring himself to say No.

[-] Mantikora@hexbear.net 9 points 3 days ago

Aw, too shame she was too shocked to remember this.

[-] chungusamonugs@hexbear.net 22 points 3 days ago

People will look you in the eye and tell you there's no racism or misogyny in the US, but one of 50 people who sculpts the laws and policy that affect the world is allowed to put both on display on national television with no consequences.

[-] InternetLefty@hexbear.net 23 points 3 days ago

I think maybe they'll find his head hidden in a bag??? Maybe???

[-] miz@hexbear.net 14 points 3 days ago

wishing him a very Andrew Myrick situation

[-] GalaxyBrain@hexbear.net 17 points 3 days ago

Also America 'they hate us for our freedom'

this post was submitted on 25 Sep 2024
178 points (99.4% liked)

news

23446 readers
734 users here now

Welcome to c/news! Please read the Hexbear Code of Conduct and remember... we're all comrades here.

Rules:

-- PLEASE KEEP POST TITLES INFORMATIVE --

-- Overly editorialized titles, particularly if they link to opinion pieces, may get your post removed. --

-- All posts must include a link to their source. Screenshots are fine IF you include the link in the post body. --

-- If you are citing a twitter post as news please include not just the twitter.com in your links but also nitter.net (or another Nitter instance). There is also a Firefox extension that can redirect Twitter links to a Nitter instance: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/libredirect/ or archive them as you would any other reactionary source using e.g. https://archive.today . Twitter screenshots still need to be sourced or they will be removed --

-- Mass tagging comm moderators across multiple posts like a broken markov chain bot will result in a comm ban--

-- Repeated consecutive posting of reactionary sources, fake news, misleading / outdated news, false alarms over ghoul deaths, and/or shitposts will result in a comm ban.--

-- Neglecting to use content warnings or NSFW when dealing with disturbing content will be removed until in compliance. Users who are consecutively reported due to failing to use content warnings or NSFW tags when commenting on or posting disturbing content will result in the user being banned. --

-- Using April 1st as an excuse to post fake headlines, like the resurrection of Kissinger while he is still fortunately dead, will result in the poster being thrown in the gamer gulag and be sentenced to play and beat trashy mobile games like 'Raid: Shadow Legends' in order to be rehabilitated back into general society. --

founded 4 years ago
MODERATORS