Thank you! (lemmy.world)

Thank you guys for pointing out the vref issue in my last post! I got it adjusted, and they were all fairly high so now they should be dialed in. While I was in there, I figured I should probably calibrate the extrusion steps as well.

I’ve got a couple larger projects coming down the pipeline. But if I can go off of this cube, I think I’ll be in good shape.

top 5 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Orbituary@lemmy.world 10 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

Would you mind linking to the post where you were trying to fix this? I was having trouble with overhang areas and sagged stringing. Curious if that's what you were having problems with.

I do see some clubbing at your base corners, meaning you should adjust your flow for your first layers, as well as your expansion settings. I'll see if I can find mine and share.

[-] Koopa_Khan@lemmy.world 4 points 3 days ago

Of course! This should be the original link. I think my issue was slightly different, but hopefully this helps. My stepper motors were over heating and skipping steps. If it looks like that might solve your issue, this article helped with my ender 3

Thank you! I appreciate it!

[-] Orbituary@lemmy.world 3 points 3 days ago* (last edited 3 days ago)

I've been running and Ender 3 Pro for years. Just upgraded the main board this summer from the v1 board. Done a lot of work to it, but it's always so finicky. I'm considering a Bambu eventually.

[-] Koopa_Khan@lemmy.world 2 points 3 days ago

I’m considering an a change at point as well. The v2 has been great but finicky is a perfect description. Any reason you were thinking Bambo Labs instead of a Prusa?

[-] Orbituary@lemmy.world 1 points 3 days ago

Only that I saw a Bambu in person just flying through a print like it was on uppers. Shit was excellent compared to the speed of my E3P. I imagine I should take more time to shop since I'm not in any rush.

this post was submitted on 25 Sep 2024
71 points (97.3% liked)

3DPrinting

15338 readers
221 users here now

3DPrinting is a place where makers of all skill levels and walks of life can learn about and discuss 3D printing and development of 3D printed parts and devices.

The r/functionalprint community is now located at: !functionalprint@kbin.social or !functionalprint@fedia.io

There are CAD communities available at: !cad@lemmy.world or !freecad@lemmy.ml

Rules

If you need an easy way to host pictures, https://catbox.moe may be an option. Be ethical about what you post and donate if you are able or use this a lot. It is just an individual hosting content, not a company. The image embedding syntax for Lemmy is ![](URL)

Moderation policy: Light, mostly invisible

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS