top 43 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world 2 points 21 hours ago

Vegan buffalo chik'n wings. They're really good!

[-] Kayday@lemmy.world 2 points 20 hours ago

I had amazing cauliflower wings once, haven't been able to recreate them.

[-] BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world 2 points 17 hours ago

Love those!

[-] Hundun@beehaw.org 1 points 1 day ago

If I can afford it, I buy a freshly-baked baguette and eat it with a glass of whole milk.

[-] Num10ck@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago

a burrito from a hole in the wall family restaurant.

[-] Truffle@lemmy.ml 2 points 1 day ago

In a perfect world where I have the energy to cook after a rough day, I'd love homemade chicken stock with carrots, celery, ginger, garlic, potatoes, onion, thyme and Peppers with a little bit of lemon. Pair this with a nice sourdough bread and a glass of lemonade.

In reality: Diet Coke and a bag of chips because I don't have to cook any of those.

[-] Kolanaki@yiffit.net 14 points 2 days ago

Grilled cheese + tomato soup

[-] Chee_Koala@lemmy.world 3 points 2 days ago

Grilled ham & cheese toasties, 15m fresh tomato soup pre-cut kit from the supermarket

[-] lvxferre@mander.xyz 2 points 2 days ago

I love tomato soup, but I barely have any chance to eat it - the folks here outright despise it, they call it "soggy sauce".

[-] MadBob@feddit.nl 7 points 2 days ago

The townsfolk are stopping you from eating tomato soup?

[-] lvxferre@mander.xyz 4 points 2 days ago

By "folks" I mean my family. There are a few dishes that I can only prepare for myself, as I know that they won't eat; tomato soup is one of them. (Alongside beet soup, pickled eggs, onigiri [unless my nephew is here, he loves onigiri too], curry sauce for sausages...).

[-] Volkditty@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago* (last edited 1 day ago)

A pint of Ben & Jerry's. Doesn't even really matter what flavor. (I will be eating one later tonight.)

[-] PugJesus@lemmy.world 11 points 2 days ago

Bread. If I wake up and I'm having a bad day, I buy a fresh-baked loaf of bread and eat it. That's my meal for the day. It's quite fantastic. Whoever invented bread in Mesopotamia or Egypt or wherever deserves the god-kingship they doubtlessly acquired for it.

[-] Corno@lemm.ee 10 points 2 days ago

Anything spicy with rice 😌

[-] berryjam@lemmy.world 4 points 2 days ago
[-] Corno@lemm.ee 4 points 2 days ago
[-] ZDL@ttrpg.network 1 points 1 day ago

Different rices are needed for different uses. Basmati is one of the best for Indian food, for example, but it would suck for making zongzi. You want some kind of glutinous rice (I like Thai glutinous best for this) for that dish. And both would suck for sushi.

[-] Platypus@lemmings.world 9 points 2 days ago
[-] Alice@beehaw.org 5 points 2 days ago

My iconic recipe: All My Favorite Shit, Shoved In A Pot Together

Dice up a white onion, sautee in butter until lightly brown. Drain one can each of black beans, diced tomatoes, and corn. Cook til whenever. Salt, red pepper, and garlic powder to taste.

Sometimes I save some black bean juice, mix it with corn starch to thicken it up, and stir it back in, and eat the whole thing over brown rice.

Alternatively: ice cream. Butter pecan in a waffle cone.

[-] neidu2@feddit.nl 2 points 1 day ago

A block of blue cheese and a beer.

[-] dubble_deee@lemmy.world 3 points 1 day ago

Fattest greasiest breakfast I can buy nearby. In college I would get the comically american large pancake/proteins + hash brown diner combo before a final and food coma my way through the stress. The place always had a fully decked topping bar so smother that shit in whipped butter and syrup. Calorie bomb helped me focus I think, and I didn't have any money in school so it was also my treat for getting through the quarter.

[-] ExtraMedicated@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Ramen with a decent amount of sriracha.

[-] DerisionConsulting@lemmy.ca 1 points 1 day ago

The ass of a bottom bear.

[-] HootinNHollerin@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago

Sour ass pickle

[-] mysticpickle@lemmy.ca 2 points 1 day ago

Liver and onions

[-] inlandempire@jlai.lu 6 points 2 days ago

Kebab is kind of the signature food for when I want to just be with myself lol

[-] BonesOfTheMoon@lemmy.world 4 points 2 days ago

The vegan Buffalo chikn wings.

[-] Coelacanth@feddit.nu 4 points 2 days ago

Noodle soup. I know it's a cliche but there is just something about eating it piping hot with a nice ceramic spoon.

[-] ZDL@ttrpg.network 4 points 2 days ago

Fen zheng rou. Unless it's really rough in which case it's Chongqing style hot pot.

[-] feedum_sneedson@lemmy.world 3 points 2 days ago
[-] ZDL@ttrpg.network 3 points 1 day ago

Chongqing style hot pot is a nightmare to make. Fen zheng rou is easy and there's a dozen or more recipes online, most of which are pretty decent.

[-] feedum_sneedson@lemmy.world 2 points 1 day ago

Oh yes, I definitely meant fen zheng rou.

[-] lvxferre@mander.xyz 2 points 1 day ago

I looked the recipe for Chongqing hot pot. I get why you'd crave it, and why you call it a nightmare to make - it sounds delicious and laborious, that sort of recipe that you'd be typically either the one preparing it or eating it, not both.

[-] ZDL@ttrpg.network 2 points 1 day ago

Thankfully I live a five minute walk away from my favourite restaurant in the world ... which makes Chongqing style hot pot. 🤣

[-] NutinButNet@hilariouschaos.com 2 points 1 day ago

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Always my go to snack.

[-] kusivittula@sopuli.xyz 2 points 1 day ago

chocolate chip mint ice cream

[-] karashta@fedia.io 3 points 2 days ago

Fruit snacks if I want something sweet.

Chicken nuggets and tater tots if I want salty and savory

[-] ruckblack@sh.itjust.works 2 points 2 days ago
[-] Hadriscus@lemm.ee 3 points 2 days ago

For this kind of situation I'm an ice-cream guy

[-] zlatiah@lemmy.world 1 points 1 day ago

The grocery store around the block sells dirt-cheap 2-pc fried chicken + potato meals that I like a lot. I think I used to get the 8-pc fried chicken from Walmart often too...

[-] lvxferre@mander.xyz 3 points 2 days ago

Chicken livers, fried eggs, and toasted bread. I don't eat this combo often as it's a caloric bomb, but it's great when I'm really stressed.

[-] Mac@mander.xyz 2 points 2 days ago

chippies! i love the cheddar wavy chips so much.

[-] TheGiantKorean@lemmy.world 1 points 2 days ago

Chicken fingers and fries. Or ice cream if I want something sweet.

this post was submitted on 25 Sep 2024
50 points (100.0% liked)

Casual Conversation

1477 readers
123 users here now

Share a story, ask a question, or start a conversation about (almost) anything you desire. Maybe you'll make some friends in the process.

RULES

Casual conversation communities:

Related discussion-focused communities

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS