submitted 2 days ago by 101@feddit.org to c/piracy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
top 6 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] 01189998819991197253@infosec.pub 1 points 13 hours ago

I don't speak Dutch, but it'd be a shame if someone found and distributed this "copyrighted" text, such as this link and this link, as they're trying to block people from accessing, quite possibly, the most influential and important piece of writing, created by a little girl, chronicling her and her people's torture and demise...won't someone think of the corporation...

[-] veniasilente@lemm.ee 8 points 2 days ago

Nothing screams "capitalism!" louder than a geofencing over Anne Frank of all things.

[-] Dreyns@lemmy.ml 26 points 2 days ago

I wonder how these people sleep at night... Fighting over scraps for a book with such significance. Shameful. There's no other words.

[-] EveryMuffinIsNowEncrypted@lemmy.blahaj.zone 13 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

I wonder how these people sleep at night

With stacks of hundreds under the pillow.

[-] GatoEscobar@lemmy.dbzer0.com 25 points 2 days ago

Capitalism fighting over a diary is ridiculous, at least recorded books released an audiobook of it.

[-] Coskii@lemmy.blahaj.zone 23 points 2 days ago

I can only hope this 'case' is quashed so hard into the stone age it comes from that it weakens copyrights worldwide.

this post was submitted on 24 Sep 2024
36 points (100.0% liked)

Piracy: ꜱᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜ ꜱᴇᴀꜱ

54008 readers
511 users here now

⚓ Dedicated to the discussion of digital piracy, including ethical problems and legal advancements.

Rules • Full Version

1. Posts must be related to the discussion of digital piracy

2. Don't request invites, trade, sell, or self-promote

3. Don't request or link to specific pirated titles, including DMs

4. Don't submit low-quality posts, be entitled, or harass others

Loot, Pillage, & Plunder

💰 Please help cover server costs.

Ko-FiLiberapay

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS