Have you seen Joe? (lemmy.world)
top 7 comments
sorted by: hot top controversial new old
[-] Thebeardedsinglemalt@lemmy.world 37 points 2 days ago
[-] ArbitraryValue@sh.itjust.works 23 points 2 days ago* (last edited 2 days ago)

I used to live somewhere with a lot of snow and someone did this with a jacket and a glove. I can confirm that I quietly freaked out when I saw an arm poking out of a big heap of snow.

It wasn't very funny at the time.

[-] GBU_28@lemm.ee 21 points 2 days ago

Man I used to live in a mountain town that got lots of snow.

I was walking home from the bar once and saw legs in the ditch.

Some drunk chick had slipped or whatever, and as cars went by a film/layer of slush had covered most of her. She was just down for the count but still conscious. I guess she was just too weak/drunk to get up, then the cold took over. I couldn't believe she was alive, and she wanted to go back to the bar lol. (Spoken in slurred shivered speech). No way the cars would have seen her.

Obviously we helped her out and called 911.

Now I always watch the ditches in snow season

[-] dditty@lemm.ee 5 points 1 day ago

Thank you for doing that - you quite literally saved her life! A friend of a friend got overserved while underage at a bar in our small hometown, got kicked out of the bar, and froze to death walking home in -30°F weather. The bar was not held accountable for any of it. I wish someone had stopped and helped him out, it would've saved his life.

[-] moistclump@lemmy.world 4 points 2 days ago

Yeh that’s ballsy, seems like a good way of getting the cops called and shutting the whole worksite.

this post was submitted on 24 Sep 2024
303 points (96.9% liked)

Funny: Home of the Haha

5432 readers
970 users here now

Welcome to /c/funny, a place for all your humorous and amusing content.

Looking for mods! Send an application to Stamets!

Our Rules:

1. Keep it civil. We're all people here. Be respectful to one another.

2. No sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or any other flavor of bigotry. I should not need to explain this one.

3. Try not to repost anything posted within the past month. Beyond that, go for it. Not everyone is on every site all the time.

Other Communities:

founded 1 year ago
MODERATORS